Sunday, January 24, 2010

Super Susie Saturday - Number 4

I had every intention of staying on track with my 52 Random's. My goal to get them out on time every Saturday, a simple task, a personal goal, but like every other busy Mama I know I got sidetracked, tending to kiddies, fixin' supper, playing pretend, ya know, the usual.

OK, so I'm a day late and a dollar short but here it is. 2:00 AM and I'm awake with my crazy Mommy insomnia problem because I fell asleep putting the Red Head asleep and now I am WIDE awake. Oh morning don't come to quickly. I pray my girls sleep in. :)

Alrighty then, 52 Random Things on Super Susie (officially Sunday)
Number 4:

I wish I was one of those gung ho outdoorsy people who camps and hikes and LOVES being outside...but alas...I spent my entire youth outside with parents who loved to camp and ski and snowshoe and camp some more and hike and pretty much all things outdoorsy.
Now as an adult I seem to realize more and more that I am definitely more of your cozy homebody, sit in front of the fire, watch movies, kind of girl.

I will say that in my early twenties (like a couple years ago ;0) )
I did attempt to be that cool outdoorsy girl as all my friends were hiking half dome in Yosemite, whooshing down mountains all over the west and planning the next peak to summit. I begrudgingly got talked in to many of those little adventures but when I think about me then I remember always just thinking in my head "I can't wait to get down from this Gosh forsaken mountain and get a cozy meal in me with a nice glass of wine (yes, my head always ends up back in food land, even back then).

OK, so I don't blame my outdoorsy childhood existence for the reason I am not outdoorsy now (although I could have done without the scary blizzards we used to cross country ski through) I was probably just born with the couch potato cozies in me from day one and it took me until age 3o whatever to realize it.

There are a few outdoorsy things that I still enjoy:
If it has anything to do with...

being at the ocean, well count me in.

especially if it involves playing in sand with my giggly girls, I'm in.

If it has...

blue skies with big puffy white clouds, you can count me in.

Admittedly I still do enjoy snowboarding now and again and...
And of course I like being outdoors if it involves....

Sitting in an outdoor restaurant on a bright, summery day with my favorite people...That counts as being outdoors right?

Lastly on the subject, my apologies to my very outdoorsy husband who probably feels duped all these years later as he tries desperately and endlessly to get me hiking every summer and snow whatevering every winter. You're a trouper but the truth is out and now you're stuck with me...I'll see you at our next Netflix date honey bun. :)


Are you an outdoor person or an indoor lover?
Happy Sunday Everyone. Enjoy the Playoffs.

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

does this mean you're out for hiking today?
c'mon girl!!! you're missing out! ok, i not the most outdoorsy girl in the whole wide world, but i'm pretty outdoorsy. you know this. i get cabin fever very easily. i start to feel like i'm decomposing when i sit at home too long. call me if you want to get out. we'll be hiking in the red rocks today.xo

Shannan Martin said...

Outdoors if it means I'm out in my garden, at my own home. The rest of the time - indoors. Especially when it's below 50 degrees outside. :)

Angie said...

Beach, beach and more beach and YES sitting at an outdoor restuarant with your favorite people qaulifies in my book!!

Lin said...

Well, I do remember all those cross country dates with the parentals and I have to say, back then I enjoyed some and some not so much. I remember learning that my stomach aches were in large part due to me not wanting to go hiking, camping on some occasions. Although I still enjoy outdoor activities, it mostly lately includes going to the baby pool or the beach with the girls and hanging out under my huge umbrella! I have also noticed that the older I get, the more fear I have about being outdoors, especially in Lake Tahoe. Just a few short weeks ago, a huge bear was sitting in front of my dumpster, needless to say, my trash was not taken out til the next day during daylight and even then, I was terrified!!! And I am always fearful that a mountain lion will attack me while I'm hiking so that has pretty much lost it's luster with me, unless of course I have 20 or more people hiking with me, then my chances of being eaten by a wild animal go down considerably!

So maybe i'm partly an outdoorsy girl but mostly, I'm with you sis, i'd reather be indoors having a movie marathon day or going shopping!

Love you!
L

Related Posts with Thumbnails