But let me be clear, I still consider myself a Stay-at-home-Mama because I get to work from home. So although I am upstairs in the loft working, I can hear and see them and they can me.
OK, so that said, they have spent a lot of time with Daddy that last couple of weeks but I didn't think I was neglecting them. I still made meals, sat for meals, tucked kids in bed and had moments where I would come out of my work hole and play games, give cuddles etc...
All that said, Olivia drew this picture one evening...
As you can see their are 3 "pirates" sailing away through choppy waters.
Olivia very clearly told me that the 3 pirates were Daddy, complete with parrot on shoulder, Olivia and Abby.
The lady off in the distance on her own island...yeah...that's me. I asked Liv what that little thing was in front of me......"Your computer Mommy".
Ohhhhh right of course...silly me....stab in my heart....
A future therapy session for her or me...I haven't decided. :)




8 comments:
Ouch! And of course, ha ha ha ha ha! You've got one artsy little gal on your hands. :)
Do not be burdened by the guilt. It happens sometimes and I think it's ok for kiddos to have times when they are with Daddy a little more. It's good for them!
That's hilarious!!!! I love it!
oh my goodness- I feel your pain. But that really is cute! ;)
Thanks ladies. I shouldn't feel guilt but it's in runs a plenty in my blood!
I think sometimes those little moments are wake up calls for me...I always say...and don't kill me for this...guilt is good. It's a feeling in our heart that tells us that something is not the way we know it should be...ignoring it makes it grow and denying it doesn't fix the problem. Kids are usually honest to a fault aren't they? Darn them. :)
Oh my! Haha. That's an awesome piece of artwork though. The story made me laugh. Don't let the guilt envelope you - at least she included you in the picture! :)
OH! that's darling. and sad. doesn't it stink to be excluded. sigh.
So sad! But hey - at least you are in the picture. And I bet it made your husband feel good - Dad's don't usually get much credit you know. (from the kids not us)
Post a Comment