Monday, January 25, 2010

Memory Monday


I miss my garden,

I miss greenery,

I miss my flowers,

I miss not having to pile on two hundred layers of clothing on me and my little children. (You don't know the word "Patience" until you have to dress little children in snow clothes day in and day out.)

I miss picnicking on the grass and playing soccer with Livi.

I miss my my sanity which left last week sometime during the storms.

OK, so not such a distant Memory, and it comes around every year but on Memory Monday, it's all I can come up with because right now at 6 degrees all I can think of is Warmer days.

Keep warm out there.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I'm with you! I'm so over the snow! I want to plant my flowers, sit outside and enjoy an ice tea, put up some twinkle lights and have friends over to BBQ, the cool summer breezes and the warm day's at the beach! And not having to worry about 4wd and going off the road from slipping on ice! If there's a rain dance, isn't there also a sun dance? Maybe I should google this!

And I miss summer clothes. I can't look so cute with all this get up that weighs an extra 10lbs on me! I mean really, how cute are jeans all winter long, parkas and tahoe tennis shoes (sorel boots)? I miss summer dresses, skirts, short sleeves, tank tops and shorts! Maybe it's time to think about moving somewhere in the winter that is warm, then come back to Tahoe just from May-September? Hmmm....

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

it will be warm soon enough

Related Posts with Thumbnails