Saturday, January 9, 2010

Super Susie Saturday - Number 2

52 Random Things about Susie - Number 2:

I DO NOT like to work out in GROUP settings.
I am NOT the girlfriend you call if you want to go the the latest yoga class together or you need a jogging partner.

Two reasons:
First, I don't like sweating with a whole bunch of strangers. I don't like their sweat and I don't think they should be subjected to my sweat, and huffing and puffing. Call me old fashioned but I like to keep my sweat to myself.

Second, I tend to get the inappropriate giggles in any workout class, but specifically quiet yoga like classes where you're supposed to be focusing on breathing and posing and all that...I'm the girl in the back that starts snickering and giggling for no apparent reason. The one the instructor is shushing or glaring at.



And while I'm on the subject of working out, I can't stand when you are jogging with someone and they are chatting away....What...Really...You can talk while exerting yourself like this...OK...good for you...Me?...I'm trying not to pass out here Thank You Very Much!...So zip it!


I know what you're thinking...How can she impose a "no talking while jogging" rule on friends who want to run with her yet she can't keep her trap shut during an exercise class?
It's one of the mysteries of the universe my friends.
The only person I like to jog with is the Hus. We both run quietly. :)

I venture to guess after this post nobody will ask me to go work out with them again ;) Perfect.
See you for next Saturday's installment. Happy Weekend Ya'll!

4 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

As always - I feel ya. Last time I tried it, it was a yoga class with my best gal. I'm sorry, but I could not take the OMing and the Shanti Peace or whatever the heck he was saying seriously...

Angie said...

HA! Love it! I have a really bad habit of laughing at very inappropriate times- can't help it! I think it's nervous energy.

Sarah said...

I can't stand group workouts either...the whole concept seems so weird to me!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

What a great idea - "52 things about me" I love it!!! After you are done you can slurp those posts into a book all about you for your grand kids. CUTE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails