Saturday, January 2, 2010

Super Susie Saturday - Number 1

52 Random Things about Susie j.
(If you're confused read the last post.)

Number 1:




Mornings.....I hate them. Yes, a strong word, but I am an unapologetic, card carrying night person. Always have been, always will be.


I never understand people who feel guilty for Not being morning people...so you don't like mornings?...whatever. That's Me.


Ya know how everyone always says "Mornings are so beautiful, you're missing out on the best part of the day"... blah, blah and so on and so forth well here's the deal, if I wake up before the sun comes up or even around dawn time I feel like I'm going to puke. I literally feel physically ill in the tummy region. Is that strange?


Now you ask..." But don't you have kids? All little kids wake up early, right?"


OK, It's been rough with the kiddies I admit. Especially Abs who doesn't seem to have any sort of internal rest/awake clock thingy in her little body.
But when I became a Mom my internal clock stopped working altogether and now I can pull all nighters and stay awake like a college kid.


Still the feelings of the pukey yucky's still manage to creep in now and again but I manage it as best I can. I have a Husband who is more than happy to (some of the time) take morning duty for me so I can rise a tad later. God Bless You Husband.


The rest of the mornings I just hold it in until the coffee takes hold over the nausea and that gets me through the AM hours.


Like I said, card carrying night person here. Runs in the family right Mom? T & C? You know what I'm talking about! T & C...btw, this random song choice is for you little ones. (For those of you who are confused.. T & C are my little Sisters. )


Random enough for you?
See you next Saturday for Numero Dos. :)

8 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

If the hubs didn't get up with the little dude so I can sleep in on the weekends, I do don't know what I would do!

Shannan Martin said...

I am the exact same way! That was one of the hardest adjustments with me regarding the kiddies. The problem is, I am forever sleepy, forever yawny...I never really get enough sleep. And some people are telling me to just "go to bed earlier" but it doesn't work that way! My epiphany finally came just a week or so ago - You know those people who claim they "just can't" sleep in past 7 a.m., even if they want to? Well, I'm the same way. Except I can't go to bed before 11 (more like 12), even if I want to. Trust me - I've tried. God set my clock differently. I've always been this way. Might as well accept it!
holy cow - I just wrote a stinking book here...

tessadee said...

Lol! Love the song! I've only heard the Dumb and Dumber version before hehe :)

Angie said...

HA! I've never been a morning person either. My poor kids started telling Grandma "We don't mess with mommy B.C." Of course my mother was confused "B.C.? Before Christ???" So the kids tell her "Noooo Grandma that's Before Coffee"

beachy keen girl said...

I used to be a morning person -- all the way, I loved everything about it --and then I had kids and I suddenly changed to a non-morning person! What's up with that? I wish it was the opposite. Glad to hear of someone else who doesn't love mornings :)

jamie said...

You are not alone! Every morning it seems that I'm just getting to the point where I'm soundly sleeping and suddenly it is time to get up again, get breakfast, bags for school....etc. I fondly remember the days before having children when I could sleep in.

Chinny and Poom said...

I am in such good company with this sleep issue. :) Like Miss. Flower Patch said, God must have set all our clocks differently. It's good to be different!
Thanks for the comments ya'll. :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I hate mornings - and guess what - everyone in this house it not a morning person. At least we match.

Related Posts with Thumbnails