
So last week I gave the Hubs a permission slip to go snowboarding with some buddies. That same night he was good enough to give me a permission slip to head off to the movies.
I LOVE going to the movies by myself. I always have. The quiet, solitude, not having to make any conversation, just a nice zone out.
Anywhoo, I went to see "It's Complicated"
I have always had a crush on Alec Baldwin from way back and of course who isn't so impressed by Meryl Streep's body of work.
I will say this about the movie as not to spoil it for anyone...
It was sweet at times, some super funny bits (the pot part was my fave), pretty predictable, and...drum roll....a bit sad.
I left the theatre ever so slightly bummed out while trying to focus on the funnest part of movie but it got a little heavy at the end.
But above all my favorite part of the movie was the location/staging of the whole thing.
It's supposed to be Santa Barbara which is where I strive to eventually be someday with my family. Or at least somewhere nearby.
The movie was actually filmed in New York and Thousand Oaks, CA with just the landscape shots being Santa Barbara, or so I read.
That said the styling of this movie from the Farmers Market to the Bakery (which by the way was a totally made up set dream bakery, was it awesome or what?!) from the home to of course my dream garden, it was so beautiful, the environment I hope to be surrounded by and live in someday with my little family.
OK- onto some pics. :)

This garden is my dream garden. So beautifully laid out and organized. Reminds me of Peter Rabbit for some reason. This was a famous home in Thousand Oaks. See the Oaks in the background. At least I think they are.

Ahhh the kitchen. Warm, Not stuffy at all, so inviting, a little "organized" clutter, I love every bit of it.
You can't see it in this picture but the stainless steel fridge had a dent in it. For some reason, I liked that. Made it a bit more real to me. Lived in is good.
Loved the table. Not crazy about the chairs as I think back slats like that hurt the back. I'm all about comfort.

Quite frankly I don't remember scenes in this room but it's quite cozy to me. Lived in.

Give me a claw foot tub with a painted underbelly and I'd be a happy camper.

This was the only outside picture I could find but of course I didn't scour the net for pics.
I do love a Spanish style home. We got to live in a 1920's Spanish Bungalow when we lived in L.A. It was tiny, but adorable so I will always have a soft spot for this style of home.

And of course no movie is complete without "Wouldn't it be Nice" playing in the background. (Seriously, how many movies have had that song been in? sheesh!)
California here I come....someday! :)
Happy Sunday.




5 comments:
Sissy, I LOVED this movie. When I first saw the trailer, before it was even new to being released, my two friends were with me and as we were watching the trailer they both leaned over to me and said, "so when did they make a movie about your life?" LOL Yes, this is a movie loosly based on my life, a screenplay made with me in mind, although nobody had known that they had cast all of these people to portray my life!
I am totally enamoured with the bakery! Seriously, why is there not a bakery like this on the planet? New biz venture? ;)
The story made me laugh so hard because I could really see some events that have transpired in my life in just about the same way, with little details that are different, but the jist, exactly the same! Crazy!
I have seen the movie twice, once on my own, which is typically the way I have to watch movies as the whole single mother thing, and the 2nd time I went with a girlfriend of mine. We laughed outloud when Alec made the comment of "going native", which we both decided was definately not in our near futures!
Since watching this film, I've downloaded the recipes for Croque Monsieur and the Lavendar Honey icecream which I will be making in the near future! We're planning a girls only party with all french food, I will be providing the Croque Monsieur!
So many funny parts in that movie and I agree on the garden! I mean, who has a garden like this? I don't even think Ina Garten has a garden like this one! Sheesh! My dream garden as well. I'm going to need to move to lower altitudes as nothing will grow up here at the lake!
OMG I loved that movie! ;)
Yes, I really want to see this movie but mainly because of all the awesome pics I've seen around. It looks just gorgeous.
Glad you had a great time out at the movies :) I should try going by myself, I've never done that before.
Going to the movies alone sounds like a fun self-date. :) Glad you enjoyed yourself!
I'm wondering if the same set designer who did this house did "As Good as it gets? I love that movie for the stinkin' house. It's looks like my dream garden too. i have a red clawfoot tub and pedestal sink you can have - I'm never going to get to use it. I'm serious, come and get it.
I really enjoyed the movie. It had some funny parts. Plus John Krasinski was in it and I have a bit of a crush on him.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Post a Comment