Abby was 6 weeks old. A very old soul by the look in her eyes. Her first photo shoot with Olivia and I. Olivia just 3 and a half and so full of energy, running around like a nut (her usual photo shoot behavior, still to this day).
I was elated to have another girl. I have always been the lady who wants a house full of girls (Think Little Women) and I am well on my way. :)

I didn't have a blog at the time. And I don't think I ever sent any of these pictures out to relatives as I was knee deep in pooey diapers and all night feeding frenzied so Memory Monday is a perfect time to look back.

After we took these photos I remember thinking...ewww...I look so puffy and fluffy and not my best...but now looking at them...I love these pictures because I was in heaven. The first moments when Olivia gained a Sister. A new baby in my arms, I was very happy at this moment too even with a squishy belly. Just looking at this sweet, chubby little, darling makes me want to pop out another one....ok....almost.

Matt and I have been talking a lot lately about how this is the best time in our lives. The most precious moments with our girls at the ages they are at right now. It's an amazing time for us and for all who have the under 6 set running amok in your homes. Joyful, Loving, Honest, Crazy, Fun, Emotional, balls of Love steam rolling through your homes. Isn't it amazing?
In 10 years from now will they still want to be with us? To do dance party in the living room with us? Think Mommy's dance moves are still awesome? Play games and be silly with the folks? Who knows, but what we do know is that this is a blink of a moment. Fleeting and short so we are enjoying every moment with our little ones, while they are still little ones.
If you have Littles at home I hope you are savoring every last moment with them too.





3 comments:
Such great photos!! I worry about the same thing- I tell my husband all the time that we probably only have 2 more years with our oldest before he wants nothing to do with us. Makes me sad :( By the way- mine are 11 and 8 (rame-alicious will be 9 in march) They both stopped thinking my dance moves were cool right around 7 ;) some where around 2nd grade I lost my cool factor HA!
Your pictures are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. Blessings to you in the new year!
Gosh it seems like just yesterday that little punkin was born. So cute!
I have been thinking the same things lately. Just this morning K came to our bed in the wee hours...Jason always says no to this. So when he asked if she stayed..I said yes, she's not going to want to sleep with us forever! That really won't be cool when they are teenagers!! LOL
Post a Comment