Number 3:
I have been told I look like many people. I suppose I have one of those faces. That said, besides the mystery barista at the Starbucks in my town that is supposedly my long, lost twin, these famous ladies are who I get told I look like the most. And let me tell you it's a stretch.
Let me also tell you that finding pictures of myself where I was not cheek to cheek with one of my girls was a stretch in itself. And of course as you will see from most of these side by side comparisons, my make-up and hair people had most of these days off. ;)
I used to get this girl a lot......
Nia Peeples. She used to be on the TV version of "Fame". I have no idea what she does now but In my younger days I used to get asked if I was her sister or if I was actually her. OK, so maybe, right?

OK, now this used to bug me. People used to tell me that I look like Valerie Bertinelli. No disrespect to Val but she is like 20 years older than me. I was on a plane somewhere around age 22, I had been bumped up to first class and this little old lady leans over to me and whispers "Are you from that show?" What show? That's right people she thought I was on "One Day at a Time". A show that was on when I was like a toddler. OK, so she was elderly but my 22 year old self was not pleased.
The lady to Vals left is Jennifer Tilly. I have been mistaken for Miss. Tilly on 2 airplane rides. I don't know...the thin air. The quick altitude changes? Whatever People.

Now this one is not so bad as I think this lady is quite lovely. Brooke Burke, swimsuit model and DWTS Champion is definitely someone I don't resemble in the least. I mean seriously...who looks that pretty while being that pregnant. Not me... This picture of me Preggers was EARLY pregnancy, like 4 months maybe. Pre-babies, when I could actually where a bikini without throwing up on myself, I had been told by a few that I resemble Brooke Burke. Although it's a stretch and I would have to have dimple implants, boobie implants, teeth whitening and correction and many trips to the spray tan place I take that as a great compliment. And C'mon, tell me that I'm not rockin that Pooh hat.... yeah I know.
And last...and this is where you say WHAT? Yeah me too..
So some good friends of mine used to tell me that I "Resemble" or I "Remind" them of Carrie Underwood and Reese Witherspoon. Funny, because when I googled their photos they look strangely like twins themselves. Where do I fit in being that I am a Brown Eyed, Brunette? I think it's the pointy chin, the thin lips when smiling, the pushed out top teeth (not quite bucky but ya know, pushed out) I suppose.
Now if you ask the Hubs, the resemblance to Reese is with a character she played in a movie called Election. She played Tracy Flick, this type A, obsessive, little Miss. Perfect, very annoying girl. When the mood strikes my husband likes to refer to me as Tracy Flick. Thanks Dude.









8 comments:
Maybe a combo of Nia Pebbles and Brooke Burke - I can see that. I get told I look like people all the time but they never know exactly who it is I look like. Funny :) Anyways, I like your random post!
LOL! So people ALWAYS tell me I look like Lucy Liu. I don't see it and honestly, I think it is merely the asian factor and nothing more! But I'll take it cuz she's hot! ;)
Good job sooz...you're three for 3...I love your Saturday posts. I need to get back on the blog wagon. I've fallen off.
But anyway, I've really only been told I look like two people on a couple different occasions...one is the girl from Back to the future, gosh hold on need to google her..ok Lea Thompson. And my "are you kidding me shes WAY older than me" look alike is the mom from Family ties...hold on again - google help me out here... ok Meredith Baxter Birney. But looking at her, I'm not sure she was the one but anyway, it was either her or another mom from one of those old shows. So sorry I've taken up so much blog space...have a great weekend. Miss you!
these are funny... isn't it interesting what people say?? i'm always a little surprised when i hear "you look just like so and so..." i used to get rebecca gayheart.
I can see Nia and Brooke!! I don't get told I look like anyone- but my husband has grown up being told he looks just like Ricky Schroder. It's to funny!
I always find it funny what people say. Crazy, isn't it? I honestly would never mistake you for any of those women - I think you have a unique and lovely look yourself. I could see how people would say you REMIND them of Nia - but the others? Not so much. I've been told I look like Felicity (when she had her long curly hair on the TV show) and that girl with the dark hair on That 70s Show - or even Vivien Leigh in Gone with the Wind. I don't see it either, but I guess people see whatever they want to see! :)
YOU DO look like those girls - WOW!!! I wish people told me I looked like a movie star and those girls are gorgeous just like you! How fun hmmmm now I am curious as to who I might look like?
OK I just commented and it didn't take - sorry - I am going to have to go with Brooke Burke and Nia Peebles you lucky duck! I would give my right arm to look like a movie star! How fun is that?
Post a Comment