Olivia is obsessed with braids and will not let me put her hair any other way. She prefers two full french braids but sometimes will allow me two regular braids when I'm short on time. For our family photo shoot she refused to let me leave her hair down which was such a shame as she has the most beautiful head of hair I've ever seen.
It really is funny that she is so much like my childhood heroine Anne of Green Gables. And although she hasn't a clue who that is yet, she has the strong will and the red braids already.
As you all know thats why her middle name is Anne with an "E". Little did I know that my Fiery red headed, 1/4, Korean, Leo, would eventually become as strong willed, stubborn and a little sassy like Anne of Green Gables. Sheesh..What's in a name, huh? And she's only 5...
(As mentioned above, you all know I love (am obsessed ;) with Anne of Green Gables...well on a little sidenote, I found the Official AoGG Website. Yeah, I know I'm a nerd. The best news is that Sullivan Entertainment who made the original AoGG into a miniseries just released a new addition to the Anne line starring none other than one of my FAVE actresses Miss. Shirley Maclaine! More on this later...and yes I know I'm a weirdo.)
Getting back to the hairdo's I must say I do love that I have little girls and when I do hair thrice a day it does give me the opportunity to touch them, be close and smooch them when they're not paying attention. (Ok, it's not all sugar and spice, usually Liv is yelling at me that I'm hurting her. What can I say, beauty is pain and braids, well theirs alot of pulling involved.)
That said, I just realized I have so many years of braiding and hairdos. Not to mention my own hair. My hands will be crippled and arthritic by the time I'm 40 at the rate I'm doing hair. The good news is that she only wants braids. The bad news is that someday she won't let me touch her hair and may be using copious amounts of aerosol hairspray to straighten her mohawk. Lordy, I hope not. So for now I'm ok with the braids. :)
Do you bloggers out their with girls in the home spend an amazing amount of time on hair? Give me some of your "hair raising" stories. :)
Now an oppoturnity to show off some cute pics of my little braided ladies. :) Enjoy
She picked out her outfit this day, can you tell? :)
Braids are perfect for Soccer.
The always adorable and into everything Abby full of Grace.




3 comments:
How adorable are they??? My Daughter who is 5 always picks out her clothes too. You're lucky your little ones will let you do their hair. I always want to do cute little styles with my little one, but she is happy with a simple headband.
If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I just put up a new post...
Have a great weekend,
Aimee
Adorable! love her braids. i do alot of hair. and used to redo it multiple times a day. sometimes i still do. depends on the day and the kid.
thanks so much for your sweet comment when i was in the hospital. i'm out and all better. but i loved the comment.
i love anne of green gables too. and love that her middle name is anne with an e.
Wow, that is weird. Well, I'm keeping this layout, hopefully for a long time, cause it took me forever to find the perfect background. Anyway, these pics are so cute. I hope that you guys come up here soon. We miss you. And it already seems like winter here.... Brrrr
Post a Comment