Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday...Beauty Products I use and Love NOW.

As demonstrated by an earlier post you all know that my LOVE for Beauty Products runs deep. I so wish I was the girl that could be OK washing my hair with a $2.00 bottle of Sauve and scrub my face with a bar of ivory soap but, alas, that is not who I am.
Before I give you my list let me just say this. I am very FRUGAL (OK, I can be a bit cheap) but in a good way. Meaning I try not to spend full price if I can help it.
This means I will check out Marshall's or if I'm near a TJ MAXX I'll take a peek for some of the many beauty products, drastically discounted on there shelves.
Or I will only by my Department Store Lotions if I know they have a Freebie thrown in which most Stores do twice a year. Then I get my lotion plus the usual travel throw-ins, the eyeshadow, lipstick and mascara.
And I am lucky that I have a Mom and Step Mom in-law who are also beauty product junkies so they send me lots of awesome stuff.

This post is for all the girls out there that LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Girly Beauty Junk. Let's get to it.

1. Aveda Shampure and Shampure Conditioner. My Dad's girlfriend got a bottle of these for me way back when I was in High School. She was apparently ahead of her time on the Aveda front as we were all using some crappy, fruity smelling Aussie Shampoo or the like. I still love the smell and how clean it makes my hair.

2. Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. This stuff really works on my hair. Gives it great volume and texture.

3. Lancome Bienfait Multi Vital. This is my everyday moisturizer. Has SPF 30 and is vitamin enriched. My Mom got me hooked on Lancome. I really could and would use almost any of their products. This one is my fave.

4.Brocato Cloud 9 Blowout Miracle Repair Blow Dry Serum. This stuff is awesome. My hairdresser Kristina turned me on to this. It helps your hair dry quicker with the blow dryer and gives it great silk and texture. I also love Brocato's Shine Drops Smoothing Serum. I use this daily for the fly aways.

5. Archipelago Soy Lotion. This is one of my all time favorite body lotions and it will cost you a pretty penny but I love how thick and yummy it is and the smell is awesome. This is me and my little sis Bug's Fave.

7.Decleor Systeme Corps Moisturizing Body Milk. This body lotion is even more expensive than the above but I really LOVE this one. It goes on like silk and absorbs quick.

8. Stella McCartney's CARE Purifying Foaming Cleanser and the Toning Floral Water are wonderful. All organic. They smell like...well, they remind me of Big Sur. Very natural smells and they make my face squeaky clean. Thanks MaryAnn for this new fave.

9. Elizabeth Arden Sensitive Skin Calming Moisture Face Lotion. This was and awesome find at Marshall's that I just love. I use this at night and it's so well calming for my skin.

10. Blue Light Special Alert!...And finally... Dove Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer with Subtle Self Tanners. So my secret is out. I use a self tanning lotion to attempt to keep my pasty white skin tan. The last 2 years I have tried to keep out of the sun as much as possible because I'm getting age spots but I have managed to keep a healthy glow in the summer and sometimes throughout the winter with this reliable lotion. Not stinky, not orangy. Just perfect.

I do have an two honorable mentions:

First, For makeup I love Bare Minerals. I Love my Shu Umera eyelash curler which I always have on hand for my straight Asian eyelashes and the SU mascara but it's pricey. Since I can't afford SU mascara a very close second is the affordable Lash Blast hydrofuge by Cover Girl.

Second, Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Face Cream. Like all good face cream it's a little pricey but I just saw one jar at Marshall's for $19.99! A steal. I didn't get it because were in recession people, but anyway, I have to admit I have never used it but my....hmmm....let's see... officially she would be my Step- Grandmother, In-Law,...oh boy. But we lovingly refer to her around here as GG Angie. I will not reveal Angie's age as it's impolite and improper to reveal a woman's age but I will say she uses this cream and has used it for like 30 years off and on and her skin is BEAUTIFUL.
I can only hope that when I am her age all of these beauty products I slather all over myself will give me the same glow she has.

Now I could really go on forever because their is a slew of other products that I just dig. And sorry about no pictures but c'mon people, I really don't have that much time. This silly blog has already taken up 15 minutes of my time already and I gotta work.

So their you have it. Now as a total beauty addict I would love for you to feed my addiction and let me know what your fave products are. :) Drop a comment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails