Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chicken Soup, Tartes, A little Table and A Talking Pumpkin.



And we are officially into the sick season people. The Little Red Head is down for the count with a Check Spellingyucky virus. H1N1? A simple Cold? Who's to say? All I know is nothing says "I feel Better" like Chicken Soup for the colds.
I love making homemade chicken soup. The fresh Veggies, The warm, golden Broth the deliciously tender chicken. I feel like it's medicine in a soup pot. Happy Food. My kids big and small love it and it's the only thing Liv ask for when sick.



I also made a Tarte today. I had some fruit that was going to turn so I through it in a Tarte that we ate, naturally, before the soup. The picture doesn't do it justice. Actually it looks a little ick by the picture but it was lovely.
Sorry for no recipes for the Chicken Soup or the Tarte, but I don't have time and everyone knows how to make both, right?
On a happy note, we received a lovely hand-me-down kid table from our good friends The Meyers. You have never seen such happy little faces as when they saw that perfectly tiny little table and chairs. It has already been used for most meals, 2 tea parties and is turning into Olivia's Art Table. Thank You Heather and Andrew our very generous friends.

OK, that little pumpkin countdown in my blog is taunting me. It stares at me every time I check my blog posts as if to say, "Lady, why are blogging and not making your kids Halloween costumes...slacker."
Yeah, that pumpkin says a lot ;) and it's right. 15 DAYS! I have a Skunk Costume to create and still have yet to decide what the baby will be. A flower would be the obvious right? Skunk and Flower? Any ideas out there. It has to be easy and cheap to make and be able to be created by yours truly in 15 days. Yikes!!!


And last, getting back to the sick thing I have to say I have a tendency when my kids get sick to freak out, think the worst, over react, (Yes, I know, the mask may be overkill but at least I let her decorate it. :) )
Thankfully their are 2 people in my life who talk me off the ledge. My sweet husband, who although he worries too he always tries to look on the bright side of life and is eternally hopeful that all will be OK.
And my petite, white, separated at birth, sister, Aubrey. Always positive, hardly ever scared (and if she is she doesn't show it) and so calm to talk to when I'm freaking out about one of the millions of things out there that scare me endlessly.
Thank you Hubs and Aubs for being rocks for the unstable....Moi! :)


My wish for you all is a peaceful and healthy night.
Good Night!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Love you. Thank you for all of your niceys (my new word ;)) And no, I don't know how to make your Chick soup or Tarte... recipes please!!

Lin said...

Denali noticed the tart and said, "Oooh, yummy!" So you'll have to send the tart recipe. No need for chicken soup, I make a good one from scratch too! Hope Livi starts to feel better and the rest of you don't get anything!
Love you,
L

Tami N said...

You're such a good mommy!! I love that you are updating your "blah, blah blog" so much lately :) About your costume situation...in case you run out of time, I have a cute bunny costume that might fit little Abby and you can also check http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/flower-costume.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails