Remember this lovely lady on the old school bottle of Herbal Essence. I loved the smell, the lovely green color and the goddess on the bottle. When I see this it reminds me of our Burnt orange shaggy bathroom rug for some reason. :)
This was the only picture I could find of a Vidal Sassoon bottle. Do you remember those tall, dark brown, skinny bottles and that delicious Almond scent? That really started my love for "designer beauty products".
Now these 3 lovely ladies had the best hair ever right? I wanted to be Jacqueline Smith by age 6.
OK, so I don't color my hair and most definitely didn't when I was 5, but this ad cracked me up. Nothing has changed. Today we all still want one thing "Big, Fat, Beautiful Hair."
Didn't we all have the Dorothy Hamill Wedge?..............................................
OK, so I did.....at like 2. :)
What kid didn't have a Dr. Pepper Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker? I also had the Orange Crush and to be honest I think I might have eaten some of it. What? I was like 7. They smelled too good.
This reminds me of my older sister. We had these and would dutifully put them in the back pockets of our Chemin de Fer's. I loved the click/clack sound it made when you opened and closed them.
Fuzzy picture but this Coppertone SPF 4 was our "sunblock". :) My Mom would slather me with this lovely smelling lotion and at the end of the day..................................................................................
She would be spraying our little red bodies down with Solarcaine. Sound familiar 70's babies?

Now this came later and I must admit I used it a couple of times. I looked like an oompa loompa. Thank goodness self tanners have come a long way since then.
My very young self wanted to look like, forgive the term, a total hoe-bag. Thanks Madonna.

This is really what I wanted to look like but my Mom would have never let me out of the house looking like this. That said, one of my childhood friends had this whole ensemble and when I would have sleepovers at her house she would make me up to look like the crazy lady above, so for a moment I was hip and....well very rad.
My hair looked like this a lot I hate to say. And in the front I had the usual teased out crazy bangs which I achieved by using lots of...............................


Aqua Net... and I mean Lots. Sorry Ozone. :(
So this was the rage when I was in Junior High or High School.
Note to self, if you are Korean or ethnic at all this WILL turn your hair orange. :)
As for makeup...Wet-n-Wild was every girls staple, right?
OK, I could post till the cows come home. Make-up, Hair Products, Outfits etc....what was your fave as a kid?
Hope you enjoyed the Flashback ladies. :)

















3 comments:
Cool!!! I used all of these!!! The village lip gloss...wow! I haven't seen that in years! It was my favorite! Chemin de fers??? I haven't heard that in years either!!! Where did you find these pics?? You are awesome!!
Oh the Aqua Net and Sun In, what memories those brought back!!! Of course so did everything else, but those gave me a good laugh.
I don't think I've laughed that hard in a super long time! I'm so getting you a bottle of the Herbal Essence! And those lip smackers, I think I actually had that watermelon one, which we would then put watermelon jolly ranchers in our mouth for the full effect! Man if you could find a Chemin de fer ad, I'd fall off my chair! Thanks for the memories little sister!
MUAH!
Lin
Post a Comment