We went with him knowing we were on a TIGHT budget so we decided to camp. This was the girls first camping trip ever. (OK, so I know Liv is 5 and your thinking "first camping trip" but I was subjected to hundreds of camping trips as a child and I'm just now getting over the trauma. :) Not the best camper here, could you tell.)
Lucky enough we found an amazing and beautiful campground at El Capitan State Beach north of Santa Barbara. Now this site is the type where you are a tent away from the next campers. Not the type of camping I am used to. When I was a kid we were out in the wilderness with just the bears and the sounds of silence. Well we were not so lucky as we were sleeping next to the worlds LOUDEST snorer. And I am not kidding. This gal was supersonic in her snoring. She needed an oxygen mask. I felt sorry for her camp mates but I felt more sorry for Matt and I who didn't catch a wink of sleep. Our camp area also got skunked that night. And Liv's had an accident that night...unfortunately she was cuddling Daddy when she peed and poor Matt woke up with a soaked back....(insert laughter here.)
OK, so aside from Skunks, Snorers and Pee, we had a great time.
The girls had a blast, especially at the beach. They both LOVE the ocean.
Another camping trip in our future? Not anytime soon but next summer we will venture out again.
You can click on each collage to see the pictures enlarged.

Mommy and Olivia had some one on one time. It was a beautiful evening and my little artist brought her pens and drawing pad and we really enjoyed this moment together.
Funny enough after setting up camp and enjoying the "little kid" camp chairs, the novelty wore off. By hour 6 Olivia was kicking the dirt, complaining about how dirty it was at the campsite and Abby was standing at the Van banging on the side saying Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye. What can I say, like Mother like Daughter.


El Capitan State Beach.

This was the main beach in Santa Barbara proper. Daddy was working so the girls and I spent the afternoon playing in the sand. Abby took this Dora umbrella everywhere she went.
My little sand baby. When she wasn't trying to eat it she was scooping it up in her chubby hands and handing handfuls to me. Like her stacking job? Caveman baby blocks:) These were taken in early in the morning so they are both in PJ's. How nice would it be to wake up and head to the beach every morning. It would make getting up early bearable for me.

This was the morning we were leaving. Olivia bolts for the ocean when she sees it. We at least stripped her of her pj pants before she got soaked. Pure Joy for her...and for us...I miss the ocean. California you are calling me! Someday.

This was the morning we were leaving. Olivia bolts for the ocean when she sees it. We at least stripped her of her pj pants before she got soaked. Pure Joy for her...and for us...I miss the ocean. California you are calling me! Someday.






6 comments:
We've camped at El Capitan before as well! Not the best campers here either but I think you've got to do it at least once for the kiddos right? To wake up every morning and be able to walk out to the beach ooohhh I'd be such a calm, inshape person!! For now I'll have to stick to the view i've got. But were only 30 mins from Newport Beach and a couple of hours from Santa barbara so it's not that bad! ;)
Ok, Angie is my new best blogging friend. Newport! Angie seriously you are a lucky lady. Where are you? Close to the ocean? Me and my kids and hubby will see you next week. :)
very cute pictures. Maybe I could actually enjoy camping. my kids are 6 and 8 and have never been.
Oh, your post made me laugh! I went on my second, and LAST EVER, camping trip about 5 years ago. I too, was banging on the side of the van saying BYE BYE! I convinced (it didn't take much) my husband to PLEASE let us leave early...we were with a group of friends...and we left only on the second day. I am a camping failure if there ever was one. And I'm totally proud of it! :)
You can get that poster from etsy or anywhere really. Just google keep calm and have a cupcake. You will get a ton of different hits. I love it :)
Have a blessed day!
Abby isn't making blocks out of rocks...she's brilliant! She's making an inushtook! What a smart girl! C'mon sis, you loved camping at Sand Pond didn't you?
Post a Comment