Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweet and Sour

First the SWEET:




We made a Tooth Fairy Pillow. I can't take credit for this idea. It was from a blog called Unnecessary Necessities (great name, huh?) Anyway, we decided to make our own Tooth Fairy Pillow. I thought this would be a perfect Mommy and Me thing to do with Olivia. She did all of the stitches around the wand and star. She was so proud of herself. So was I. Not bad for a 5 year old.




I had some leftover Alexander Henry fabric which i adore so we used that for the pillow and we used a piece of fleece for the pocket. Would have been easier if I used felt but I just grabbed what I had.

So speaking of that first little missing tooth. Olivia won't give it up yet. She has a hard time with change and can't bear the idea of giving away her very first tooth. The tooth has been out for about a week and it is still sitting on her shelf in a baggie. :) She almost did it tonight but changed her mind.
So we may never get a visit from the fairy or use the cute pillow we made but as long as she's happy that's all I care about.



This is the back view.



Speaking of sweet we made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. What could be better for a houseful of sugar junkies?
Now for the SOUR:

Isn't this little angel so cute. Butterfly wings, reading a book.....


Yes, she may be sweet but....


This cute little chubby toed kid
PUKED ON HER DAD...AGAIN.
My kids have some sort of aversion to going to bed with anyone else but Mommy. Daddy's the playmate, Mommy is the comforter. While Olivia has outgrown this and allows The Big Guy to put her to sleep. Miss. Abby full of Grace lets him have it in the form of endless crying until she pukes...on him, on her, on the bed, on the floor. And now our room smells, well, SOUR.

Side note: Matt is the only one who gets peed or puked on. I guess that's the trade off since I had to go through two lengthy, painful labors with babies who had GINORMOUS Noggins.
Sorry Daddy but you are a sport.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Angie said...

HA! I think your right- that's the trade off! The tooth fairy pillow is adorable!! Really- the cutest one i've ever seen! I didn't think to tell you before but in our household we write the tooth fairy a letter asking to keep the special tooth. She then visits (leaving a trail of fairy dust a.k.a gold glitter from the window to the pillow) and she leaves the $$ the tooth and a note back telling them that it's ok to keep their special treasure if they promise to keep it safe! ;)

Crazymamaof6 said...

Darling pillow and love love the sewing . she did awesome! love it when they learn and are so diligent.

our tooth fairy is LAME.SUPER LAME! it's shameful. sometimes she never shows up and i just hand over the money. sometimes we have to quickly recover and say she's running late and maybe she'll come while they are at school. or during breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Hey Emo Susie.... Its me Kayla. My Mom kind of blocked me from going on my blog and updating it and such, so there may not be posts on there for a while. She just wants me to get done with this class, so I don't fail.
Email me though so that we keep eachother updated with whats going on and stuff. I actually made a new blog (alearningwriter.blogspot.com)
it is just some poems that I would be putting on it and more of my writings. There's only one on there, but its my favorite one so far.... So hope you enjoy and follow me on that one. My email is klpb17@yahoo.com
I think I already gave it to you, but there it is again, so email me soon so that I have urs too.
Write soon.
Love you,
Kayla

BTW, I really like that tooth fairy pillow. Liv really did the stitching by her self. That's really good.

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Ha! That is too funny about the trade off with the puking. Poor guy. Your kids are really cute though. And that Tooth Fairy pillow is a lovely idea. I'm sure it will charm her out of giving up her tooth eventually. :)

Shannan Martin said...

Miss Ruby does the "crying 'til she pukes" thing sometimes, too. Argh.

ps - Can Olivia come over and teach me how to sew?

Related Posts with Thumbnails