So how great is it to have a child who can get out of bed themselves, get their own breakfast and put on a show, or draw or play until her sleepy parents rise. AMAZING I tell you. It may just be a fluke but Olivia has been waking up at an ungodly hour these days.
My once 8:00AM riser has been waking up anywhere between 5:30!#@$#$ and 7:00. OK. 7:00 is doable but you all remember my first Super Susie Saturday Post about how waking up before the sun makes me nauseaus....yeah....5:30 doesn't fly in this house.
So I had a little talk with my 5 and a 1/2 year old Sunshine and told her that I would set the TV so that she just had to push the button, Bowl, Spoon and Cereal all ready on the table, just add milk, drawing stuff ready, and just play quietly and DEFINITELY come and get me if you need anything.
She woke, she fixed her breaky, she watched Toot and Puddle, She drew 3 pictures (all of the Chippettes and one of her and Abby as mermaids), came in once to check on her out cold Mother and to tell me "don't worry Mommy, go back to sleep" ... Me.... "ZZZZZ OK ZZZZZZ."
I finally woke up because I heard her talking in the dining room and got freaked. I rush out and she's sitting at the table still drawing.
I say "Olivia who were you talking to"
She says in typical quirky Livi fashion "I don't know, you tell me?" Snicker, Snicker, Giggle.
OK wise guy! "Really who were you talking to?"
She says, "Some lady called she wants you to call her back, can you call her back Mommy."
Ummmm OK...So I check caller ID. She was talking to the Sears Warranty folks who were trying to sell her something for our camcorder.
Quite frankly I was glad she took the call and not me. :) What a big girl. Olivia the Great!
And speaking of how the morning got even better...
Jason Mraz was singing I'm Yours with Elmo this mornin' on Sesame Street. What isn't more joyful than a fuzzy red monster singing that happiest of songs with Mr. Mraz. Lovely.

And speaking of SS again....
I hear people complaining a lot about how Sesame Street has changed since we were kids and how it's so bad and different...????? What? OK, so it's not the 70's anymore ladies. Let's get with the program. How can you not LOVE, HEART, ADORE, Murray had a Little Lamb. I literally belly laughed today when that sheep went flying into Murray. And the song...can it not be any catchier? Get over it. It's 2010. This is the new generation of SS. Your children's SS. Let's let them enjoy it will you. The count still counts. Ernie still hangs out in the tub with his rubber duckie, (Ok and Bert...his room mate???Hmmm...), and it's still pretty educational.
Wow that was a Sesame Street Rant Ya'll.
Good Day Everyone.







3 comments:
words cannot explain the greatness when the kids are big enough to TAKE A NAP AFTER CHURCH WITH THE HUBBY!!! Yep - I do it every week and it's awesome!
You had me rolling at the phone call Livi had with Sears! Priceless! Reminded me of you and I when we were little girls at that apartment over by Hug. Mom would sleep in and we would go raid the jar of peanut butter! Do you remember this? We'd climb up, get it down, get two spoons and hide under the dining room table and eat it right out of the jar! Good times! Love you Sissy!
MUAH!
Okay, I hate that lamb. I can never understand what it's saying, and my spanish is good enough that I should.
Post a Comment