Let me ask you a question...
Have you ever heard of Cake Balls?
The name is a bit on the....hmmm....creepy, innapropriate side...of course I have such an immature sense of humour at times that I just love it.
Some folks call them Cake Lollipops I think. But I'll stick with Cake Balls.
Well anyway, I want one...right freakin' now!
Have I ever told you I LOOOOVVVEE Cake?
I mean I wish society (and my Husband) would allow me to always have a freshly baked cake in a beatiful glass cake dish on my counter....daily.
Sadly, everyone around me seems to have some sort of aversion to sugar?
What gives? :) OK really nobody can stop my love, need, want for cake. When it comes to cake I don't fall into the anti sugar peer pressure category. Oh No.
That just wouldn't be me now would it?
I adore all kinds of cake but what ranks at the top is a nice moist yellow cake with chocolate frosting and a big glass of milk. True comfort food. But I like pretty much any combo of cake, Red Velvet, German Chocolate, Caramel Cake, Lemon with a Sugar White Frosting, White Cake with a Sweet Cherry Frosting (ok that last one I made up because it sounds oh so tres magnifique...like my french?) Now if any of these were neatly rolled into a frosting coated Cake Ball...well...stick a fork in me I'm in Heaven....wait that's not how it goes. That sounded strangely like my Little Korean Mama or Balki from Perfect Strangers. Anyway, you get my drift.
So back to the Cake Balls.
I saw them on AOL news yesterday. What sick person would put cake balls in the news by the way? Someone who knows that out of all of the news of yesterday Cake Balls and the Olympics were going to suck me into those articles like a new Dyson thats who. And by the way Cake Ball article Man you win and now I'm blogging about it.
So about the Cake Balls...
They are based out of the South I think. The Texans may have created them or possibly those Southern Louisianan's. Whoever, Whatever, Wherever, I want me some Cake Balls! Yee HAW! (Said in my very best Southern Twang.)
Apparently the easy version of this sweet little treat has only 3 ingredients. Boxed Cake Mix, Pre-made Frosting and Almond Bark. Simple. I'm sure their are fancier recipes, home-made and possibly less packaged as that one but hey, you're eating Cake...what is their to be healthy about?
I promise to post a recipe and some pics when I decide to throw down.
Got a Recipe for Cake Balls that you would like to share?
What is your favorite kind of Cake Ball?
How many times in one post can I say Cake Balls for a giggle? 11!
Have a great Cake Ball week everyone.
(That's 12, sorry I had to say it just one last time. )







8 comments:
I made the Mother's Day "cake balls" that Bakerella makes...they were super yummy and overall pretty easy -- the decorating was the hardest part. Anyways, they are yummy, even with their funny name :)
you are cracking me up girl!! and were you seriously craving cakeballs at 5am????
quite the blogger lately... i must say that i like having to stalk you now instead of just reading an email.
how's the red head? happy snow day :)
HA! Cake balls- never heard of them before. You had me until you said German Chocolate- YUCK! ;) Oh and by the way Balki!!! I forgot all about him!!!!!
It is the same idea a the petit fours. Bite size cakes. Yummy! How are you Susie? Just remembered your blog. How sad... this is how I catch up.
Never heard of them but they do look delicious! I am one of the few that doesn't have a sugar aversion but then look at me! You are so funny!
Ok, never heard of cake balls before. Might be something I try for a future birthday party? Hmmm.
I had no idea that you were as cake-obsessed as I am. I like to buy the single slices of chocolate cake at Safeway and eat them with a huge glass of milk before the boys get home from school/work.
You need to look at this:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/category/sweets/bakerella/
those look delicious! how is i never heard of them before, especially since i'm obsessed with sugar (especially when combined with butter and chocolate...)
Post a Comment