Friday, February 19, 2010

Super Susie Saturday - Number 8

In regards to last weeks SSS Weepy Mess of a Post....
The big winner(s) of my unofficial "name that quote" question....

Tami from itsaten on Etsy

and my BFF Jen.
Here are your prizes ladies:

You each get a toe headed child of your choice to give piggy back rides to, trips to the park (playground not included). You should receive your toe headed child by the next moment you look in a room in your home.

Congratulations and...Your Welcome!


Now as proud of you guys as I am, one of you if not both of you have never seen this little gem of a movie! What!!! Didjya read the books? Just lie to me if you didn't. This should be required reading for young girls as should the Little House books and Judy Bloom. Oh and what were those tween books called..Sweet Valley High. Remember those? Not necessarily required reading but oh so entertaining when you are 11.
To be clear the real quote is:

"Tomorrow is fresh, with no mistakes in it."
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

The Beloved Miss. Stacey from the PBS miniseries Anne of Green Gables.
And on to 52 Random Things About Me - Numero Ocho.

Well this is an easy Super Susie Saturday Segway...

And something that many and possibly most of you already know about me and that is that as a child I was so very into Anne of Green Gables. Loved the books, Loved the miniseries, Loved the Red Hair.

Now for those of you in Bloggy World who only know me as a rattling, wacky, Brussel Sprout eating Mama, here is the Random part...
When I was little I used to always dream of being a Mommy and I really wanted a Baby with Red Hair.

OK, so it wasn't so likely as I am half Korean....or so I thought. And of course as we all know BAM! I pop out a redhead.

Ask and ye shall receive.

And yes, my child's middle name....do I even have to say it out loud. And yes, of course it's with an "E".
Funny thing is that when I look back I was so very drawn to all Red headed characters. Anne, Strawberry Shortcake, Raggedy Anne, Annie (Oh was I an Annie Fan. My cousin and I would sing Tomorrow and It's a hard knock life...endlessly). The Era of red headed charachters I suppose.

I had a little red headed doll that I pretended endlessly was my real true life baby. Funny though, even as a child I remember thinking to myself,
wishful thinking Susie.
Well now that the wish came true you can be dang sure that when Olivia gets to be around 10, right around the time where french braids will no longer be her signature and she'll be wanting to dress in the latest trends, you can bet that her psychotic Mother will be making her dress up for Halloween as my beloved heroine. Mark my words. I'll make Abby dress up as her best friend Diana Berry and of course Matt and I will be Matthew and Marilla.
Poor Kid. She'll be in hell. Sorry in advance Livi Lou.

But alas, I have my feisty, freckled, french braided little Red Head and I'll tell you know one was more surprised and amazed than Me. I willed a little Red Head to me. The next baby? Prayer, Will and Voila! Blue Eyes. Thanks Prayers answered.
And the next baby (and NO I'm not with child) well for the next baby I am putting out into the universe that I want a little dark haired brown eyed little Amerasian number. C'mon...I'm tired of being told I don't look like my kids. The next one will be mini-me for sure!

2 comments:

Angie said...

To cute!

Shannan Martin said...

I just spent the day wedding dress shopping with my bff, who is a DIE HARD Anne lovah. We referenced Anne numerous times, in choosing the perfect dress. :) That's hilarious about the red-head thing. Who woulda???

Related Posts with Thumbnails