Saturday, February 13, 2010

Super Susie Saturday - Number 7

52 Randoms about Susie is going to be a little different this week.

Super Susie Saturday - Number 7 - Things I Have Learned This Week...

I have learned that no matter if your baby is 9 months or 2 years old it's like a ripping feeling to stop nursing your baby. An emotional roller coaster.

It's a time of reflection for me. Questioning. Is this the last baby I will carry in me? I hope not. Will I ever nurse a wee one again? I hope so. Does it break my heart this week to ween Abby? You bet. She misses me, I miss her. Physically speaking, I am feeling the "pains" of the weening process and every time I hear a baby cry I hurt even worse. Beside the physical pain, the emotional is worse and I know my hormones are going nuts and are confused...but it's making me a weepy mess. And I am not a weepy girl.



I have learned that if you are a hormonal, weepy mess watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies is probably not the best idea as it makes me cry on a good day. I LOVE the Winter Olympics. And why is every commercial super deep, about kids, with sentimental music and a smooth voiced Morgan Freeman narrating?

(Side note: RIP to the Georgian who lost his life today on a practice Luge run. So very sad.)


 


I have learned that while at a dinner with friends remember to put on my filter as I may inadvertently offend someone.



I have learned that great friends are hard to come by but when you find them they will always know where you are coming from even if they disagree and you never need your filter.




I have learned that being upset about my job is a useless waste of time and I have more important things to focus my energy on like my beautiful, little family. My real "job" is to be the best Mommy to my little ones. That's the most rewarding job I have. All the other crap can stick it! (Yes, I said "stick it" which probably hasn't been said since 1977.)




I have learned that nothing will happen if my house stays a little dirty. The cleaning police aren't going to show up with white gloves and magnifying glasses, and my family isn't going to get terribly ill from dirt and filth. What's one more dust bunny?



I have learned that I need to work on being more patient especially with my 5 year old. I need to remember that even though she's big for her age she has still only been on the planet for 5 years, not even in Kindergarten yet. She deserves more patience from me and this week I have realized this by her words and actions. Kids are so great at keeping it real. I will work on this little one.




I have learned that my Husband loves me more than he ever has and am lucky enough that he tells me this regularly. That 13 years later he is still my best friend, my biggest supporter and confidant and that when I'm feeling particularly emotional he is there with much love and affection to get me past the rocky moments.
Yes a tough week for no good reason but I'm dealing. My apologies for being a little Debbie Downer. Generally speaking anyone who really knows me knows that I am not the teary spill my guts out kind of girl but this is how I am feeling today and as a great teacher once said, "tomorrow is a new day with almost no mistakes in it."
First person who can tell me where that quote come from will get a shiny, new...OK, you'll get a little mention in the next post. That's all I got! :)

I hope you enjoy the weekend. Oh...and Happy Sweethearts Day!

6 comments:

Tami N said...

Sooz...sorry you're feeling down but I love this post because so many times I feel the same way! You're a great mama and friend. Love ya girlie!

I always look forward to you Saturday posts!!

So the quote...is it from Anne of Green Gables?

Happy Valentines Day!!

Lin said...

Sissy I Love You! Sorry you're having a rough week. Remember, you are so lucky to have so many of us who adore you!

Your patience pic...well I downloaded that EXACT one yesterday but ended up posting the inushtook (stacked rocks) one instead for my "Patience" post yesterday. We're still doing it...picking out the same stuff although apart by distance. Remember our same glasses?!

You are an amazing sister, mother, friend and wife. We are all luckier to have you in our lives!

MUAH Sugeeeeaaahhhh!

Angie said...

awww I didn't think it was a Debbie Downer post. I like the "keeping it real" thing! Sorry your having a hard time stopping the nursing thing.

Flagmom said...

Oh, sorry you are feeling this way. I it all works out for you...your are a great person in everything you do.

Beth said...

totally understand the breast feeding thing. it is so bittersweet. great post!

Aubrey said...

ah, so sweet xoxoxoxo.... great friends are hard to find and I sure LOVE mine :) thank you for feeling like you can be exactly who you are with me... that's exactly who I love!!! You are sweet and spicy, tender yet feisty... don't ever change. You are blunt and that's just you. People can choose to be offended or not... (that's what I like to tell myself ;))
Hang in there girlie...

Related Posts with Thumbnails