Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kindergarten Wisdom

It's been roughly a month people. Time is just not my friend these days. Sleep is like a dream that I can't grasp and blogging is a distant memory.
Aubs gave me a nudge and reminded me to get blogging....so this is all I've got...
A few Kindergarten comments made by the newly toothless Miss. O.


-"Mommy, Abby Mills saw me eating my seaweed for my snack and she said.."OOOH YUCK!" And I told her...try it, it's yummy. She said  "NO WAY" then told the whole class "OLIVIA IS EATING SEAWEED FOR A SNACK!" I thought it was funny. She doesn't know what she is missing."
(Dang right she doesn't! I grew up eating seaweed like potato chips. A yummy, salty snack. Get used to seeing seaweed in the lunch box Abby Mills. You'll be seeing it often.)


-Olivia: Mommy I said a bad word today. I have to tell you.
 Mom: What was it?
 Olivia: My Teacher made me say it and she makes me say it every day.
 Mom: What?! Tell me what is it?
 Olivia (in a whisper) She makes me say God.
 Mom: Why does she make you say God everyday?
 Olivia: We say this thing every morning..."I pledge Legiance to a flag of the  
 Nighted States of Merica and to the mumble, mumble, underneath God.


-Mom: Olivia what does Mrs. Floyd call you? Does she call you Olivia or Liv or 
 Livi?
 Olivia: Pause......She calls me SUGAR. :)



-Olivia: Mommy, what is Fart?
 Mom: It's what we call a Pootie.
 Olivia: Emo Buggy taught me that and Kennedy at school said it's when you have 
 stinky come out of your butt.
 Mom: Kennedy is correct and so is Emo Buggy.
(Hence, this lovely word is used daily now...5 years of training down the drain in 2 weeks of Kindergarten...awesome. Thanks Bug and Kennedy.)



What a transition having my big girl at school all day. We are adjusting. It's been a great start and she has made many new friends. Abba is missing her big sis but enjoying her time home with Mommy...alone.



Fall is in the air and I am in heaven. The weather is perfect. Time to pull out the sweaters and boots and all things cozy. We even made some pumpkin cookies yesterday (Thanks Kristine).

And on an even happier note...my girls gifted me extra sleep time this morning by sleeping in until 7:45! Hallelujah!

Happy Weekend Everyone.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

too funny!! and i love that little pic. of abba :) so cute!

Angie said...

Awww to cute!! Just wait- they learn even more stuff from kids in school when they get older!!! YIKES!!! Miss ya! :( Struggling myself to keep my head above water.

stephanie said...

cute! cute! cute!

love the pledge. jealous about the sleeping in thing. but i'll get over it as long as you don't stay away so long again. i'm having chinny and poom withdrawals!

Nancy said...

I love the pledge of allegiance. Soooo cute! What a delightful blog. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for visiting mine and leaving a comment. Great to find you. :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

darling. love kindergarten knowledge/experience.

Related Posts with Thumbnails