Monday, September 20, 2010

Calgon...take me away....

My kids just about dun did me in tonight. Seriously.


Tonight they made me question that possible third child.
They made me question and re-think my anti-spanking stand.


They made me wonder if locking them in there room wouldn't be a fantastic idea.
They worked my last possible nerve. Truly.


Didn't these kids know that it's the season premiere of DWTS?
Couldn't they understand that Mommy has been dreadfully sick for a week and has literally no voice anymore and needs a little down time?
For ONE FREAKIN NIGHT can't they just give me a little break?
Well, the answer my friends is No.

What did they do that was so horridly awful?

They would NOT go to sleep.

Especially the little one who has learned so many little tactics to get up already.
I need wa-wa Mama.
I go pee-pee Mama.
I hungwee Mama.
I Scawed Mama.

My answer remained the same...."Go to sleep or you will go to sleep by yourself tonight".

The big one was wiped out from her long 6 1/2 hour work day at Kindergarten and truly needed some rest but decided it best to come in with me and little one. Bad idea Livi.

It got ugly I tell you. My patience was running thin with every passing minute until I finally told Abba that she was going to bed by herself because she wouldn't stop wiggling out of the rocking chair and was making too much noise.

I tossed her in bed. (OK, I gently laid her in bed) Gave her a blankie and told Livi to grab her pillow, we were heading to her room.

Where as Livi FREAKED!@!#@!# OUT. Went NUTS. Acted like I was abusing Abby. Screaming at me not to leave the baby (2 1/2 my friends) alone in the room. That her baby sister would be terrified (which of course she was, which of course was the point.)
Olivia literally ran around crying like a chicken with her head cut off.
This was not the time to protect your Sister! Today she ripped toys out of her hand, yelled at her and tried to pinch her and at this moment she decides to come to her rescue. Awesome. Bad timing Liv, Bad timing!

Abby screamed bloody murder as I shut the door (she may be a little hoarse tomorrow, those pipes! Wow. I don't think I have ever heard her scream so loud.)
You get the picture, it was a scream fest. Both kids were going berserk, and strangely I was quite calm.
Actually I think I was having a slight out of body experience for a minute due to the codeine with cough syrup and the ringing in my ears from all the screaming, but nevertheless, I somehow kept my composure through the chaos.
Utter Chaos.


2 hours and 20 minutes later my sweet, lovable children are fast asleep.
This must be some sort of Karmic payback.
This was my night....Hope yours was quieter.

5 comments:

Fickle Cattle said...

Hahaha. I don't have kids, but the few times I've spent with my nephews showed me how difficult they can be. And how lovable. They are cute tiny paradoxes.

I am Fickle Cattle.

Aubrey said...

hehe! great post. I feel for ya and only pray tonight is much much better. so, did abby sleep alone the whole night??? you may be headed down a new path sister :)

Tami N said...

Oh sooz...sorry for your night. I have been there too my friend and I'm impressed you remained calm...I don't think I would have or did when I was confronted with similar situations. Colleen and I were just talking about you and Aubrey this morning....miss you guys!

Ashley said...

Have been there too Susie! It's funny, it seems the crazier the situation the calmer I get! Eileen feels the need to protect Sarah too! I hope she always looks out for her little sis!

Shannan Martin said...

Eeek! This was my night LAST night. I nearly flipped my lid.

Hope tonight is much less dramatic - for the both of us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails