Friday, September 17, 2010

Nightmares...Night Terrors...let's call the whole thing off.


This kid is a terrible sleeper. Still restless as all get out.
I really don't know how I have survived this last 2 years with such minimal sleep.
I have amazed myself...no really...I have.
Anyway, Abs has had nightmares or night terrors or just lots of dreams since she could talk.
Literally from about 8 months we have been dealing with a full blown sleep talker.
All night I wake from a moment of restful REM to the sounds of shrill screams or talking. It's kinda freaky actually.

When she was a baby it was a lot of...
"Mama, mama, mama, num-num, dada, yee-ya, yee-ya no, no, no"

We have moved passed that to....
Me getting woken up to getting a fully on slap on my forehead and
"Dat my pony you poopy lady!"

Awesome. I have always gotten pummeled and kicked by my kids when they are in bed with me but actual abuse by children followed by berating and name calling...well that's new.

Good thing she's cute!

5 comments:

Angie said...

You poor thing!!! My Mom said I talked all the time in my sleep growing up. She said I'd sit up and actually carry on a conversation with her while sound asleep. Jake was a horrible sleeper and had night terrors- I was going insane!! He would wake up (and wake me up) anywhere from 2 to 6 times a night. It took us 3 years to figure out that his tonsils and adnoids were extremely enlarged causing him to have trouble breathing while sleeping. Ramey on the other hand slept great until recent years. In fact, she's been in my room every night this week! Hang in there!!

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, I always say "Thank goodness they're cute!" It's their saving grace. :)

ps - Please go see the Gosh Dern ENT about that surgery. You will thank me for it. Well, you'll wish death upon me for a week or so, and then you'll thank me. swears.

Aubrey said...

This too shall pass girl! And what's this comment about surgery??? Hang in there :) xo

AiringMyLaundry said...

She is adorable. But I'd go nuts without proper sleep.

stephanie said...

oh my. my kids are horrid sleepers, but i haven't yet been hit in the face.

you sure make sleep deprivation entertaining. :)

i hope it gets better soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails