Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love Movie Review. If you love Julia Robert's don't read this.

Went out with the girls last night for some dinner and a movie.
Honestly would have rather gone to see The Other Guys. Big Mark Whalberg fan. And of course anything Will Ferrel is in.
But the movie was already chosen. The anticipated Eat, Pray, Love.


Funny, not one lady said they could get through the book. The writer seemed to self absorbed and whiny for most but we went anyway.
The movie...eh...well, first let me tell you I'm not a big Julia Robert's lover.
Yeah, I know, I know, insert gasp and surprise here...but really she just bugs me. It's the cry that really bothers me. I don't know she is a pretty lady of course but she really gets the ugly cry going in many of her movies and it just bugs me.
Funny my friend Kristine doesn't like the crazy, loud, guffaw of a laugh she has.
You know the one. That weird forced bursting out scream like laugh she does.
OK, so now that I have thoroughly picked apart Julia Robert's facial emotions, the movie.
I loved the character actors. Especially the guy that played Richard from Texas. Remember him from Six Feet Under. Great Actor. Truly.
Of course Javier Bardem was charming and witty and funny with his Picasso face and all. I love him.
James Franco was the young actor boyfriend. Charming as she says in the movie. A cute boy for sure.
The real star of the movie is the locale's. The places she travels to. Italy, India and Bali. The movie is rich in International eye candy, although I'm sure some of those scenes were shot in a sound stage in Burbank. Who knows.
The movie made me hunger for travel for sure.
And speaking of hunger, the scene where she is eating spaghetti...someone must have fallen asleep in the editing room and accidentally let the reel go a bit too long.
The whole movie was kind of lengthy in general.
So their it is. Susie's Movie's Review...because of course now I'm a critic. I wish.
What a great job that would be.
For those of you who are in Love with Julia Robert's please don't send me hate mail or hate comments. :)
The night was wonderful because I was able to have a nice dinner and fun conversation with girlfriends and mindlessly sit for 2 hours and watch a girl eating and crying and being whiny and confused, with some cute boys thrown in for good measure. The night was a success in my book!

8 comments:

stephanie said...

i wasn't exactly thrilled about the preview of that movie so thanks for putting away any desire whatsoever to see it.

i'd rather stick with marky-mark myself, as well.

and when you move out here, we can go see movies all the time! ("all the time" of course meaning those random girl's nights that you always want to happen more often than twice a year, but what can you do? you're a wife a mom after all...)

Shannan Martin said...

OK - I can't tell you how pumped I am to hear SM's Possession on your player. So thrilled at the great fortune of having my speaker turned up! I haven't even read the post yet. Back in a moment...

Shannan Martin said...

OK. I'm back. Thank you for the thoughtful review. I have never been a bit JR fan, either. And I now fear that you and your friend would disdain my laugh...

I was fixing to see this movie on Thurs. Maybe I still will? Though I am also intrigued by The Kids Will Be Fine (or something like that...)

We saw The Other Guys on Friday and Cory LOVED it. I thought it was "eh". It definitely had some funny parts, but not enough of 'em and there were too many car chase scenes and it was a tad too long.

Hollywood Farm said...

I was on a Julia Roberts rampage when she started dating a married man then moved into our neighborhood w him. I was able to throw down an evil eyeball once when she and her entourage were hogging my fave corner space @ my local coffee stop. I know, I'm so high school! Roar!

beachy keen girl said...

I've been wanting to see the movie -- and any good international eye candy that makes me want to travel some more is always good :) I read part of the book and definitely did not love it -- so I understand that the movie probably won't be amazing either. Like you said, just getting out for a bit is always good :)

Kerry said...

I'll probably end up seeing it (it's MNO this month, or some other friends have been wanting to see it) even though I don't really want to. But you're right, it's still a night out. :-) Have to take those when I can.

Tami N said...

Sooz..you're so funny. So I'm your JR fan and I'm not gonna send ya hate mail or comments. I did in fact read the book and am still looking forward to seeing the movie...whenever I get around to it!! lol

Big week coming up soon huh? I'll let you know when I'm in town next...probably fall break now that I have a kindergartner!! Miss you girlie!!

Angie said...

I knew I LOVED you!!! HUGE Mark Whalberg fan- would take him ANY day over Julia ;) Miss talking to you!! Now we're both busy with work :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails