Here are a few that just so happened to be on my mind today.
No judgement please...
-MODG. For those of you who are not familiar with this blog..hang on to your hats and be prepared for the most ridiculously, nuts lady who is so UN PC, so raw, so terrible in the most hysterical way. From her toilet poses to her cartoon drawings to her issue with her cat I can't seem to get enough. And btw MODG stands for Martinis or Diaper Genies as she used to write about the child dilemma. She is definitely a 20 something writer. Beware. Not for the prude at heart. This chick kills me. I'm to lazy to get the link and slap it in here. So sue me. Most of you know her blog anyway.
-Reality TV. Give me a Kardashian a Spelling a nutso Real Estate Mogul aka the ever funny Jeff Lewis (BTW, when is flipping out coming back?...I'm waiting) or a flamboyant figure skater and I'm in. DWTS, Survivor, The Mole (remember the Mole? It was awesome especially when Anderson Cooper hosted.) You get my drift. A reality junkie if you will.
-Cuba Libra's AKA a rum and coke (or Pepsi in my case) after a very rough day or a pina colada. Yeah, I'm a girl who likes a nice stiff 70's drink. :)
-Letting my Husband be the sole caretaker of our children in the swimming pool so I can sit on a lawn chair and sun myself, read a magazine or pretend to be sleeping.
-And last..I was thinking today about my 4 favorite things to buy, in no particular order...Shoes, Purses, Sunglasses and Beauty Products.
No, I didn't take a picture of our Marshall's. Some other crazy blogger did and I just swiped this.
For those of you who are not
the holy grail of bargain shopping stores for these 4 categories would be Marshall's.
For those TJ Maxx lovers out there, I feel ya, but for me I like the calm serenity and the soft 80's adult contemporary tunes that Marsha provides.
TJ Maxx is way to busy, too much stuff, I start getting confused, lost, disoriented, it's sort of a mess.
Marshall's tends to be pretty organized and clean, (and again, let's not forget that music. Nothing soothes me into buying a pair of marked down shoes than the sweet sounds of Howard Jones..."No one ever....is to blame...dink, dink ding...." And Plink! a pair of shoes hits the bottom of that blue cart.
Little River Band..."Take it easy on me...it's so easy to see...I'm lost in a crowd, crying out loud" Plink! Eye gel and body cream (are those the words to that song? OK in my head).
A little Ambrosia, some REO Speedwagon, Phil Collins dropped in, Early Madonna with a little Papa don't Preach. And let's not leave out a fave I heard today ...Duran Duran..."The reflex is a lonely child whose waiting in the park..and watching over lucky clovers isn't that bizarre"...Plink! New sunglasses hit the cart.
I liken it to the scent bags that they pump out of KFC's and Burger King's that carry you in like a whopper zombie. Same diff but only less fattening and more soothing.That Marshall's, they really have my number.
Is liken a word? Hmmmmm...whatever.
Maybe my biggest guilty pleasure is 80's music... What do you think?
OK, that was kind of a crazy, nuts rambling...
Getting back to my 4 shopping Loves, the amazing thing about Marshall's is crazy cheap prices. Who would rush out and pay $150.00 for a beautiful new leather white purse when you can find it at Marsha's for $60.00 (and Honey, if your reading this, I am just saying this as an example to the readers....ahem...you don't really notice when I change out purses anyway, do you? I love you.)
And a great pair of Nine West Shades for $9.99 when they are sold for $60.00 retail. Who would be so dumb to pay full price? (Sorry if any of you do pay full price, I don't really think your dumb, just misinformed...is that a word?)
OMG!!!!! I just looked up on the toolbar and noticed their is a spell check....Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...and the angels have landed...OK, on to spellcheck this sucker and send it out into the universe.
Now was that random or what?!










7 comments:
Ok Susie, I could of written much of this blog. I am a huge Reality TV fan, I like the popular ones like DWTS and American Idol but I also LOVE cheesy ones... Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, Tabatha's Salon Take over...I love bad t.v. and movies too!
I too am a Marshall's fanatic! I love the shoe department not only for me but for the girls. One extra great thing about Marshall's is that there already low prices become cheaper with those beautiful red stickers they put on the merchandise. I like to but sunglasses alot, too!
Finally, don't get me started on my beloved 80's music. Graduated from HS in 89.... spent my formative years listening to that music and going to concert after concert. It's funny because I feel that now is the best time of my life but I am still nostalgic for 80's music. Loved the post.
Love love love Marshalls and TJ Maxx and now I'm hungry for an egg roll. It's not good for me to read blogs, they make me hungry all the time :)
that was really fun. almost felt like i was shopping with you. except i hate to shop. maybe because i usually have my children with me.
and also, i'm a huge survivor fan. huge. this season has been completely awesome.
or maybe my life is just extra boring and survivor is a blissful escape.
Oh my goodness your crackin' me up as usual! Just dropped a few bucks at Marshall's on Wed!! ;) I guess thier music works on me too ;)
I have a $250 Hobo brand bag that my mom found at the Flagstaff Marshalls for $20.
I never go to the one here because it's up on the other side of town (actually, I never do any shopping here because everything is up on the other side of town--save a lot of money that way).
I agree! Marshalls rules! And I love the finds! (Before I got married and bought a house, I lived directing across the street from a Marshalls and let me tell you, it was fantastic!)
i feel you on marshall's. it's nirvana. also, a special bloggy friend emailed me to let me know spell check was back. o, happy day!
Post a Comment