Saturday, April 17, 2010

Super Susie Saturday 14, 15,16 and Happy Birthday Wishes.

It's Super Susie Saturday....

OK, I am behind three weeks already....again.

I swear I must have been either sleep deprived or just plain nuts to say that I was going to keep up on this every Saturday.

Should I quit?

Well, I'm not going to because I still want to do this so my girls have some useless information about me when they grow up. :)

So here is 14, 15, 16, 52 Randoms of Me...



14. As a 16 year old, I pulled my own braces off my own teeth. One by one. A somewhat time consuming and at times painful experience but I did it in under an hour. This was out of necessity not rebellion just so you know. Long story. I will tell you this, if can't afford to get your kids braces off by a real professional, lemon juice will do wonders in loosening up the glue. :) Just a little tidbit. Do with it what you will. P.S. Needle nose pliers are really the handiest tool of all.



 
15. With all of the jobs I have had over the years my favorite, believe it or not was working as a waitress at Ventana Inn and Spa in Big Sur, California. I was greeted every morning to the most breathtaking view (above) off the balcony of this amazing Restaurant/Inn. They fed us great food before our shift, wine sampling here and there( C'mon, you've got to know what your serving to be a good waiter!). Short shifts, Great money, Nice co-workers, that VIEW, and when I was done with my shift I would have money in my pocket and would head to the beach for a walk. Not a care in the world at that moment in time. Another person, another life. It was a lovely moment in time for me.



(Easter egg dyeing 2010)
16. I'm a true blue homebody. I have many friends who are constantly needing to be in motion, doing, going, shopping, out, out, out in the world. Me...not so much.
I LOVE being home. The minute I get home I immediately throw on my comfy's, sweats or pj pants, ratty T-shirt, or my 15 year old robe, hair up in a bun and contacts out, glasses on. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so hermit like but what can I say...it's just me. Home is where the heart is. I am happiest with my little family tucked safe at home with me. :)

That's that. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

We are having a spectacular weekend in Northern AZ. It's THE perfect weather.
I feel rejuvenated. Sunshine, perennials are starting to poke out of the ground...beautiful!

And last but certainly not least....


Happy, Happy Birthday (yesterday) to Papa Jim. We love you Jimbo. Wish we could have celebrated with you. I hope your day was as great as you are. You mean so much to us. We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXO

3 comments:

Angie said...

Love it! I know what you mean about another time another person. Also a huge homebody myself but do need the occasional lunch with a girlfriend to keep me sane! ;)

stephanie said...

i am a total homebody too. and i love it. if i never had to leave the house, that would be fantastic.

except for a few nights here and there when my hubby is home with kids so i can have a break and prevent myself from strangling them.

also, must hear the story on the braces. you removed them yourself? what?!?!?

Grammy said...

Susie,
I've missed you.
The story about your braces should be told. Especially if this is for your little ones' some day. They need to hear the whole story! It could be important.
And I really wish that you could have a little bit of that Ventana life of yours back. I would love to have you living so close to us... Ah, the things we want and desire may some day come true. You never know.
Also, I understand the homebody life. It feels too good sometimes to do nothing to change a good thing that is a real great family life day. But then, well.... sometimes a vacation does sound like the right idea to me at the moment.
I want to say Happy Birthday to Jim. I really enjoyed seeing him and Linn in Flagstaff on Abby's birthday! Happy days too all!!!
From, Grammy Mary Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails