Sorry for the spelling on some of these. :) Enjoy.
Rudebekia.
My snapdragon reminds me of a Georgia O'keefe painting.

I always plant petunias in this barrel and they never dissapoint. Always cascading down like the sides like a waterfall. This is the poor mans flower, so it's perfect for us. :)
I always plant petunias in this barrel and they never dissapoint. Always cascading down like the sides like a waterfall. This is the poor mans flower, so it's perfect for us. :)
Honey Allysum. Always reminds me of the Peninsula. It grows in barrels at every grocery store, gas station, mall in the area. The smell is the yummiest.
Ahhh,, nasturtium. I love this flower. The first time my, then boyfriend Matt took me to the Ranch the first thing I noticed was how the whole hillside below the main house was covered in nasturtium. It grows like a weed there. Here, on the other hand your lucky if you get a couple dozen blooms. Well MA, I actually got at least a dozen blooms so far. Hopefully more to come. Wahoo.
A sunflower seed snuck it's way into the poppy seeds. I'd like to think that Dusty Bird popped it in the envelope as a little gift. :) Here is my one shining..ahh, ahh, ahhh, chooooo, star. Yes, I'm allergic.
I heart Poppies. These delicate light yellow beauties looked so neat agains the hard surface of the boulder behind.
More of my fave...Nasturtium.
The leaves of nasturtium are so awesome. Big and bold. As beautiful as the flower.
I can't remember what these little bluebells are called. I found them at the nursery and they have bloomed all summer.
Unfortunatly I think they're annual.
This is a wildflower that is growing all over our property. It's probably a weed but I like it. I snapped this with a little buggy friend at the top.

Glorious, native Lupine. The leaves kind of look like a hybrid pot plant (not that I would know what a pot plant looks like. :) )
Glorious, native Lupine. The leaves kind of look like a hybrid pot plant (not that I would know what a pot plant looks like. :) )
You can gather these seeds up on the mountain for FREE. Take a trail and look for the plant and pick some seeds. Fun. MaryAnn and Tess gathered a bunch for me a couple of summers ago...this is not one of those seeds. I lost the seeds in my tiny, dirty house. I'm sure I'll find them next year. :)
This Blue Cornflower is a loyal bush. Although it's not my fave flower the fact that it doesn't expect any pampering and continues to come back stronger every year, well it has earned it's spot in the garden. Bravo little cornflower, see ya next year.
This little fella fluttered on this California Poppy just long enough for me to snap a shot. Thanks little butterfly.
My hearty succulents never dissapoint. They grow bigger and stronger every year.
A sophmore Succulent. 2nd year and looking prettier than ever.

I always plant Red and Pink Geraniums at the front door and in the kitchen window box every year. They are cheerful and bright and bloom all summer long. They are pretty much bomb proof. It's too bad they're annuals. I should take them out and put them in the house over the winter to see if they'll survive..hmmm..

I love pink. These petunias smell like plumeria. Yum.

Liv spotted this funny, little alien flower on a walk. A neat Flag native with funny cone shape blooms.

Reliable Magenta Dianthus. Really like a weed but it does great in this high elevation.

I can't remember the name of this but it comes in yellow, red, white, pink. I have it in my garden in every color. I hope it comes back next year.
I always plant Red and Pink Geraniums at the front door and in the kitchen window box every year. They are cheerful and bright and bloom all summer long. They are pretty much bomb proof. It's too bad they're annuals. I should take them out and put them in the house over the winter to see if they'll survive..hmmm..
I love pink. These petunias smell like plumeria. Yum.
Liv spotted this funny, little alien flower on a walk. A neat Flag native with funny cone shape blooms.
Reliable Magenta Dianthus. Really like a weed but it does great in this high elevation.
I can't remember the name of this but it comes in yellow, red, white, pink. I have it in my garden in every color. I hope it comes back next year.




1 comment:
How did I never realize what a gardener you are? I know absolutely nothing about any of this stuff. I should mail you the Flagstaff Arboretum guest passes I still have from when we were members there.
Post a Comment