To start Memory Monday I started scrolling through my many files of pictures of my girls. I came across this batch of pictures that I took last summer. These are not the best pictures I have ever taken but the minute I saw them the memory of that day flashed in my brain and I remembered every detail and knew why I had taken so many pictures of this carefree, little girl who was twirling and whirling around and pretending she was an airplane.
So these were taken last summer. Abby was a about 4 or 5 months old. Matt was gone on a trip and I was pulling double or what felt like triple duty on the homestead. This particular day my sweet Olivia wanted me to take her outside to play but I had finally gotten Abby down for a nap and was trying to rush around and clean and get ready for the next meal etc.. and so on. I told Livi that we couldn't go outside because it was drizzly and gray and a little cool from the monsoons. She was so bored, so sad, so sick of being in, so wanting her Daddy to be back from his trip, so wanting Mommy to play with her. It was afternoon and she was still in her ratty pj's, hair all over the place, messy face and looking so dissapointed and sad. So as any good Mommy would do, I dropped all the chores, grabbed the baby monitor and we headed out.
The minute we got outside it was like she had transformed into this little sprite, so full of brightness and energy and zest. She started zooming around and told me over and over that she was an airplane. I took about 25 pictures of her because she looked so happy I was hoping to capture it on film. We stayed outside until we heard the squeaks of Abby on the monitor.
These pictures stir up a bit of sadness for me, alot of Mommy guilt but they also put a smile on my face because Olivia just needed to stretch her little wings that day and I had set aside just a moment to let her just be in her moment.
It's funny the things we remember, the many things we forget. This is part of the reason why I have this silly blog. To journal, to never forget the moments. To capture the memories.
Don't forget to set aside those little moments to let your little ones stretch wings, sing, laugh, be silly and be "in the moment" because, boy do these moments go by so quickly. :)




2 comments:
you're the blogging QUEEN these days! Love Memory Mon.... beautiful! Keep it up sister:)
I LOVE this idea of Memory Monday!! Adorable kids!! I too have a red head, although she doesn't have as much hair as yours! She's 8 now and has always had trouble with her hiar growing. :(
Post a Comment