Saturday, September 19, 2009

Conversations with Olivia





So we went to play at a friends house today. Olivia's good friend "Little Katie", as she calls her. :) They are great playmates and have such a great connection as do I with Little Katie's Mom, Kristine. We had a nice visit and when it was time to go Olivia didn't want to leave. When we were driving home she asked if Katie could come over "RIGHT NOW" for a playdate. I said to her that Katie's Daddy was coming home so we had to go home so they could have family time. She asked, "Where is he?" I told her that he was at work. She immediatly corrected me and told me to use the "right" words. I was confused. She said, "You need to say, he is coming back from a trip or a show, not from work Mommy!" A musicians daughter! I think she thinks all Dad's have Gigs. They all fly away for shows and come home days or weeks later. :) It's sad really. I had to explain to her that some Daddy's work in Flagstaff and come home at night. She sat in her car seat and thought about that for quite awhile. I am now waiting for the question as to why her Dad can't work in Flagstaff. Ohhh so many questions with no real answers for a 5 year old.


In Abby news, she is doing great. Back to her cute little dancing and singing self. The little Milkaholic is going to get a rude reality when Daddy gets home. Matt and I are going to attempt the weaning process....again. Let's hope it sticks this time. I really shouldn't be so sleep deprived with a 19 month old, right? She really is obsessed. If this doesn't work we are going to send her to a 10 step program...."Hello, my name is Abby and I'm a Milkaholic". :) Pray for us. Specifically for Matt and Abby who will be holed up together in our room. I hope he got alot of sleep this last 2 days away.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails