That said...I have a new Web passion...Blog Surfing. Or as some of my girlfriends and I call it...Blog Stalking. It's actually a lot more stimulating then FB for so many reasons. A peek into someone else's life, recipes from other Domestic Engineers :) and lots of other tidbits from Crafty ladies, to Coping with Life, to just plain funny writer who can really give me a giggle. Well, needless to say, it takes up almost more time to Blog Surf then to read my FB. :)
As I blog surf it does make me wonder how many people see and read my blog. I really need to get a blog counter going. Note to self, blog counter.
OK, so my point of this post, besides that I am wasting even more time, is that on some nice ladies blog, I found a great recipe that I plan on trying to make.
Most everyone knows I ADORE Beets. I could eat them every day of my life. For those of you that don't know...my Veggies of choice are Beets, Arugula and Garlic (is garlic a vegetable?) Well, this recipe appealed to my love of all things Beet. I have had Beet Cakes before and they are tremendously moist.
Hopefully I'm not breaking any laws by copying this ladies recipe. :)
My only issue with this recipe is all of the measurements are in grams? Conversion Table here I come.
So here is the recipe...
So here is the recipe...
Makes 6-4 oz ramekins
2 eggs
2 yolks
50 grams sugar
55 grams butter
170 grams bittersweet chocolate (I used 64%), chopped
55 grams roasted beet puree
20 grams rice flour
pinch salt
In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until pale and very thick (ribbon stage).In the meantime, place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt them together over a double boiler. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs and mix. Add the roasted beet puree and mix. Finally add the rice flour and salt and fold.Pour the runny batter into the greased ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 400F for about 8-10 minutes until the edges are set but the center is still soft and pudding-like. Let them cool for about 10 minutes before trying to unmold them.Serve them with candied beets, currants and cream.
On a funny note, Olivia has been trying to use very large words to describe how she is feeling. She sat crying at the back door this morning. Why, I really don't know. Red headed drama always ensues with her. When I came in to ask what was wrong she told me she was having a "tremendously, delicate day and she was really angry and feeling...constipated!" OK, so I think she meant Frustrated, which quite frankly feels...well..constipating? Or the other way around :) My funny little nut.
Oh...and last but not least she has a little "wiggler" as we call it. Her first loose tooth. It's that bottom middle left tooth that is now leaning and squishing the other tooth. Little did I know that my husband is VERY squeamish about loose teeth. So we have some fun, torturous years ahead of us. I make Olivia wiggle it for him any time I want to tease him. I love watching him squirm. Bad wife. :)
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
And yes I am back to blogging regularly. No longer....constipated, I mean frustrated with blogging. More tremendous blogs to come. :)





1 comment:
Blog stalking is soooo time consuming...I try to not do it very often but I too find it fascinating!
Post a Comment