Sunday, October 3, 2010

Still Sick Sunday.

So, it's been just shy of a whole month that I have been sick.
This has probably been the longest I have ever been sick in my life.
One long, hacky, chest pain, filled month. And it continues.


I think I'm getting better. At least that's what I tell my self every morning when I wake up until the hack starts pulling the muscles in my back. Dang thing!

So this sick thing got me to thinking...
First, how lucky I am that I am a fairly healthy woman with just a weird touch of ??? Ok, we still don't know...but..for the most part I am healthy and feel blessed to be so.

Second, how amazingly tough and resilient those who suffer from real deal, long term illnesses must have to be.

I mean I bitch and whine in between coughs and think to myself...what if this was more serious? What if I was fighting for my life or living day to day with a long term illness or disease? Could I handle it? What choice would I have? I have two little teeny tiny's who need me, who would make me have to shut up and fight.
It's scary to even think about really but I ponder...

I'm sure all of those folks out there who suffer an ailment or an injury or cancer or god forbid a brain tumor as my Mother-in-law did and succeeded thank-you-very-much, those folks have kids and spouses and family and loved ones that they fought for. I guess the sad and scary real part are those who did fight and didn't make it. Or that didn't know they were even sick and it became to late.
It really breaks my heart thinking of peoples loved ones especially children.

All this thought coming from a crazy cough that won't go away.
My brain is working in the what if's lately. Sorry for the Debbie Downer.
Just a thought that I needed to blog down.
Happy and Healthy Sunday to you all.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well that's no good! Hope it finally goes away and YES Thank God it's only a cough! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails