Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Be a lady would you?

It's always the badly dressed people who are the most interesting.
~Jean Paul Gaultier

OK, so it goes without saying that I am probably one of Thee most interesting people you will ever come across.
Alright, a slight exaggeration to be sure but I have had more bad fashion days then good I would venture to guess.

Out of poor taste? I don't think so. More out of sheer laziness and possibly a lack of disposable funds in the name of fashion.

My usual morning garb...pony tail or bunned up hair, cargos and a beloved ratty sweater or scroll way down to see the track suit of doom.


I guess when it comes down to it I would rather get an extra 20 minutes of sleep instead of showering, doing hair and finding an appropriate lady like outfit for the day.

Below is a picture of me in my usual "at home" attire. Hair in a bun and my ratty robe that is practically see through that I refuse to part with.
Cute newborn in arms is a 3 day old Abigail. Luckily for you she is blocking the utter hideousness of this get up. (BTW, why was I holding a pack of Orbit gum at like 11:00 at night 2 days after birth while holding my newborn? Odd...)
Generally speaking, the minute I get home I take off my "day" clothes and throw on a robe, or PJ's or some such coziness.


Here's the problem, my "day" clothes....well let's just say I'm not Jackie O.
I have been dressing a bit shabby as of late. The usual Mom get up. The dreaded track suit of doom and uggs.


Did you think that was me? With that Boot-ay...oh heavens. If only I looked that good in a track suit (minus the very plump backside). Tis not so folks. And for the record I couldn't find a picture of me wearing one so Kim is my stand-in.

I would love to show up to school drop off in the morning coiffed and made up wearing something other than a track suit or cargo's.
Truly, I dream of dressing in heels and pretty floral dresses and really being a "lady" during the day.
Again...it's that extra few minutes of sleep thing. I treasure every last second of it.

All this chit chat is to tell you that with a little help from my friend..Aubs, who has started a non frump revolution..er..uh sort of...OK it's just the two of us, but let's just say we are both making that effort to spend 4 days a week instead of 7 in track suits. (C'mon we're not perfect...baby steps.)

So with that dreamy disposable shopping dough.....

I adore the 50's housewife vibe. Some rad heels, a sleek, light wave to my tresses and red lipstick...those other Mom's would think I had lost my marbles but I think the look would be fabulous. A little SATC Charlotte ya know.

Or maybe...

 I'm a sucker for some real frilly girly pastels.

Or how about...

A little flower power. I wish I could be so bold.

For the office perhaps...

OK,  a little sexy for the office but bottom row, third from the right is an awesome dress. And yes, I would wear it to the office with some awesome heels. Rowwwrrrr as Matt would say.

And of course...
A dress in my usual color palette. You can never go wrong with mocha.

Dresses courtesy of  Mod Cloth at http://www.modcloth.com/
"A girl can dream blog post " courtesy of the girl without the disposable income but with the hope of dressing more like a lady from time to time.

Let's all find our inner lady shall we?

Just around the corner in every woman's mind - is a lovely dress, a wonderful suit, or entire costume which will make an enchanting new creature of her.

~Wilhela Cushman

Promise Wilhela?

7 comments:

Annah said...

Okay honestly? All those dresses are absolutely lovely. YOU HAVE GREAT TASTE.

Also, I sometimes grocery shop in sweatpants that have holes in them. So don't feel bad.

Tami N said...

Always great for a smile. Love your posts!! Girl you better start this 4 day thing soon because winter is right around the corner...but if I remember correctly you've got some awesome jeans and sweaters!!

Aubrey said...

For the record, our little friend here is a BIG FAT LIAR. For those of you that don't know the real Mama of Chinny and Poom, I will tell you she is one of the hottest chicks around. People constantly think she's at least 5-10 years younger. She's got a rockin' bod that would pretty much make a trash bag look fab! Oh, and her "buns" are more like fancy asian twists. Trust me, even on her "bad" days she looks very put together and stylin'... don't be fooled :)

Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

I like the first set of dresses, but they are all nice. I like that site. I can never get dressed for a day with the kids. I'm constantly looking for cute stuff in my closet that just IS.NOT.THERE. but who has time to shop? or the money?

stephanie said...

love the inspiration! cute dresses...

inspiring and yet... depressing (?) as i sit here in my sweats and read it.

kinda like when i read instyle magazine. they have great stuff and then the put in the deals and steals picture and "this look can be yours for $450!!!"

like i'm supposed to be excited about that!?! i'm a stay at home mom and sweats are like $12 at target.

its not looking good for style...

Chinny and Poom said...

Oh Aubrey...that's why we are BFF's. :) Aren't you sweet. I'm with ya'll on the expense, lack of time with kiddos and the list goes on but a girl can dream. :)

Erin said...

Is it wrong to love the comfy clothes over the dressy ones...and I'm not just talking for the sake of comfort...I seriously LIKE them better.

The booty on that tiny girl?! Wow. That's all I have to say about that .

Related Posts with Thumbnails