It would be so much easier (yet costlier) to plunk down some dough and just buy one. But every year we all agree that Mommy will make it.
So this year she wanted to be a Dalmatian.
A Dalmatian Dog....or is it?
She initially LOVED the costume. Excited giggles of glee were music to my ears until she looked a little closer and said..
Her: "Um, Mommy, um..you don't think people will think I'm a cow do you?"
Me: "Of course not! Cows don't wear collars and cows have udders."
Her: "What are udders again?"
Me: "Cow boobies."
Her: "Where they pee out of?"
Me: "No silly, where the milk comes out, like num nums."
Her: "Oh. OK, but are you sure they won't think I'm a cow because I think you made the spots way too big and they look kind of well, um, cowish."
Me: "You look like a cute Dalmatian to me." (OK between me and you, agreed, the spots are a bit big but do you know how long it takes to cut out all those shapes and hot glue, while burning every finger over and over? There was know way I was about to do double duty on dots. No way.)
And every kid asks if she's a cow...
And she's said she was really embarrassed about this Bovine Confusion...
And I think this may possibly be the last year I make a home made costume because I can't handle the Kindergarten Critique...
And I feel guilty that I didn't start earlier, make more dots and spend extra time to make it look less cowish and more dogish.
And she sucked it up anyway and says she still likes her costume even though she may or may not look like a cow to some people, which I think she is saying to spare my feelings, in which case I continually remind her that if she were a Cow she would have udders and those people who say this must not know what a Cow really looks like and....
Happy Halloween. I hope your costumes are exactly what you hoped they would look like. :)
And anyway, isn't she a precious




3 comments:
She looks adorable and the second I saw her I thought "what a cute dalmation" Hats off to you for making it!
Well, it does look a lot like Abby's cow costume from last year. . .
that's hilarious!! she totally looks like a puppy to me! oh well, next year if she decides to be a cow, you'll be ready ;) it was a great halloween w/ u guys!
Post a Comment