Side note: I failed to mention in the last post something that I am more than Thankful for. I am actually amazed by this little wonder.
I am sooo Thankful for "Magic Eraser".
When they say Magic they really mean it. For those of you with kids....amazing right? I was very Thankful for this at My Mom's where my littlest daughter decided to color on my Mom's white walls, doors, kitchen containers. I still wonder what Mom's did before Magic Eraser. Lot's of touch up paint I suppose.
And now a few pics and on to my blah, blahs.... (my cute nieces will pics will be in my next post.) :)
Sorry about the Messes Nana...we tried to clean up after ourselves.
The always beautiful Emo Bugs, with the always adorable Abba.
Uncle Tim and Emo Tess...always canoodling on the couch. :)
Nana got this sweet treatment from a usually coy and shy Abs. Lucky Nana.
It kills me that I didn't get this on video. Uncle Tim..Violinist/Musician Extraordinaire jamming with the newest Violinist in our family. This was a highlight for me of the trip. :)
So we are settled back into our usual home routine, school, violin, playgroups, Christmas parties, Work (bah humbug) and tomorrow I have a baby shower to a gal who is such a doll and I am taking Liv to Lollipop Matinee at the University. It's a short version of The Nutcracker. More on that later.
I do want to say that I am attempting to get into the Spirit of the Holiday's and boy, this year....I am just not feeling it. I have no idea why. Last year I decorated early, I baked all Month, I was sooo very into the whole thing. This year, Nada.
What is it? I don't know, too busy, too tired, too everything but what I do know is that for the sake of the two cute babes that live with me I better start decking the halls and kick it into high gear or else we will miss it completely. So enjoy the Holiday music and the cheery background. It's my way of trying to get there.
Last here is a little quote that pretty much explains how I am feeling:
"Life comes in clusters, clusters of solitude, then a cluster when there is no time to breath" - May Sarton
And that really sums it up for me this month.
Hopefully the Holly Jolly will give me a swift kick in the pants this next week.




3 comments:
I love that quote and it was so great to see you today!!
Great photos! I'm feeling the same way- can't seem to get into the swing of Christmas. It might have something to do with this cold that won't quit and the schedule that never stops!! I'm hoping to get my stuff up tomorrow.
Lovely blog, lovely family.
I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit either so don;t feel bad..it will come.
Thanks for following me, your my only new one!!
Post a Comment