Saturday, December 12, 2009

Terribly unhealthy but amazingly delicious dip.


My dinner tonight was a mini crock pot full of this yummy dip.
OK, to be truthful, this is not actually MY picture of MY dip.
By the time I thought I would post about it me and the hubs had inhaled pretty much most of it and the picture wouldn't be pretty so I grabbed the nearest photo I could find.

Unhealthy? Yes, I suppose. And if you eat it for dinner and not as an appetizer...well, really unhealthy.
Tasty? You betchya. I only learned of this type of dip when I moved to Arizona.
One thing I have learned while living in the Southwest? They really like their Green Chili's here. Chili Relleno's, Roasted Chili's, Chili's in Chili, and of course this dip.

You CANNOT ruin this dip. It's impossible. I throw in whatever I have even if the measurements are off and it always tastes good.
It's a little of this and that.

A throw in recipe ahead....good luck:
Get your mini crock pot out.
Throw in a half to a whole bar of cream cheese.
Throw in some Italian Cheese blend. (Ya know the stuff that is already shredded in the bag).
Throw in about a tbsp or 2 of Mayo.
Throw in about 1/2 cup to a whole cup of grated Parmesan (the kind in the shaker, classy I know).
A large can of diced green chili's
A half can of Artichoke Hearts, chopped up.
Turn on the crock. Let it get bubbly and warm grab a bag of Black Corn Tortilla Chips or some bagel chips and eat it for dinner. Yum!

Recommendation for the day after...treadmill, elliptical, swim, yoga.
Helpful Tip: Don't really eat this for dinner unless you want a bad tummy ache later. It's an appetizer people. Bon Appetite!

4 comments:

Angie said...

HA!! Ok I realize that you don't REALLY know me so when you say "you CAN NOT ruin this dip" You don't know just how BAD of a cook I am. On the off chance that this will be something that I truely can't ruin I am going to give it a try! I'll have my elliptical on standby! ;)

Aubrey said...

doesn't sound terribly unhealthy! sounds wonderful! a twist on my spinach dip... thanks for the recipe!! xoxo

Shannan Martin said...

Mmmmmm! And artichokes are healthy, right? Cory and I ate a huge batch of homemade guacamole last night. Right after a trip to Krispy Kreme. Which was right after dinner.

Uh oh.

I just kept telling myself...Avocados are the GOOD kind of fat!

;)

Jan.Grossi said...

Yummy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails