Monday, November 9, 2009

My husband...the comedian



What is it about guys and Mel Brooke's movies? Matt, my darling yet slightly annoying husband :) is constantly reciting scenes from Blazing Saddles. What the H-E-Double Chopsticks is it with that movie?!

To my husbands and probably my Father-in-law, Brother-in-laws, amazement, possibly confusion, followed by absolute disbelief, I have yet to see this little gem. Really, I don't need to because the Hubs and the crew constantly recite the lines...like I said annoying.

That said, my mission is to watch this movie by the years end so that when he boldly stands in front of me and says "Let's Play Chess" I'll know what he's talking about and won't want to punch him in the face. (Side note: naturally being the back seat driver that he is he asked me to let you all know that he is not actually saying this line TO ME, only reciting the actual scene from the movie to give me a giggle which apparently isn't working for him. Love you Babe.

Will post back with movie results before Jan 1. 2010.

Some of my husbands other gems he likes to quote from:

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail...some bit about "The Curtains, The Curtains...".....What the?????
-High Anxiety
-Young Frankenstein...
-Old School
You get the picture. I'm sure if you ask your husbands about any of these movies, if they are as nutty as my hubby they will be able to annoy you too with lines from these movies.

He is a giant goofball.
The goofball in question with some cute lady sitting atop his beloved Land Cruiser.
Do you have a giant goofball hubs at home who likes to quote silly movie lines? What movies...give it up. I need to know I'm not alone. :)

On a different night, possibly when I am less exhausted and have my sense of humor in tact I may be laughing at his impromptu acting complete with accents...but not tonight.

Although, I will say my little Korean Mother e-mailed me the funniest thing today (see my sense of humor is intact) but I can't share it with you all until I ask her permission...
See, I am a good daughter after all...just a bitchy wife. :)

3 comments:

Angie said...

Ok first let me say - very cute picture of you two!! Second- you are not alone- My husband can not stop repeating "baby jesus stuff" from Talladega Night, a couple of gems from Varisty Blues and anything Chris Farley did for instance "Bear Claws 2 at a time and they get stuck right here" as he motions to his ribs. Most of them don't make sense but he's said them enough times I feel like i've seen all the movies!! ;)

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, my husband is a total dumb-movie quoter. He recently quoted a line from Role Models as his facebook status - and no one "got" it. :) He's a huge fan of The Holy Grail and Anchorman. Oh, and the dumbest of all - Super Troopers.

Ack!

ps- I really hope your mama gives you the green light - I'm intrigued!

Aubrey said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails