Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Little Red Heads First Gig.

Our little one finally had her first "gig" as she calls it.
Every time we would say " violin recital" she would say, "You mean my gig?" That's the daughter of a musician for ya. :)
She had been soooo excited up until the day of and then the nerves hit.
Luckily for her (and us) her "rock" came through to support her...Grammy!

Thank God too because this could have been a train wreck.

I had visions of my first stage performance which was a 4 year old ME frozen in sheer terror as all of the kids danced around me to "The Entertainer". I literally couldn't move and stood there crying. I vividly remember my Mom's face in the audience. She had 3 looks on her face, Pity, Nervousness for me, and that Mom Smile that says "C'mon kid get it together." Well I didn't and quite frankly until High School I had terrible stage fright.

Luckily Olivia has her Daddy's genes and true to her last name she conquered her fear the minute we got there.

(click on collage to enlarge)


Grammy helped her from the start doing what all good Grandma's do...Bribing her with a delicious Woopie Pie after her performance. :)

The performers (kids) all sat on one side and the audience (parents) sat on the other. Of course our child is usually attached to our hip so Grammy took Liv's hand and sat over with her and the other kids and promised her that if she got to nervous to go up on stage Grammy would stand on the side of the stage for support. Thank God for Grammy.

(click on collage to enlarge)


Her Teacher Miss. Sam was so sweet too. She knows Olivia's Shyness and was there to hold her hand and take her on stage. She also accompanied her on Piano. It was perfect.

(click on collage to enlarge)


Woopie Pies, aside Livi really didn't need it. In True Daddy Fashion the minute she saw that beautiful auditorium, elevated stage and grand piano, it was on. Fear was gone, and she was ready to go. She couldn't contain her excitement.

(click on collage to enlarge)


The performance of "Arizona Cactus" aka Twinkle Twinkle was awesome. Naturally I got a little misty watching my girl perform. Proud Parents.
After the recital she kept asking us, "When is my next gig?'
The kid has been bit by the bug!

The video wouldn't load...any tips bloggers on an easier way to post video? I constantly get that error message. Bummer.

And to not leave out my little munchkin a cute pic of the babes.


BTW, she hasn't been sleeping at all this week (same diff as always) but this week has been brutal. Well I just looked in her mouth and she has 5 teeth coming in at once! YOWIE! 2 broke through last night. The other 3 are coming hopefully within the week, I pray before Thanksgiving. The poor kid has been in some serious pain. :( Teething is the worst isn't it!

On the nose front...it's pretty much back to normal...well sort of. My once deviated septum is ever so slightly more deviated, meaning my nose is more crooked than before and my breathing is a little hindered.
The little Korean Mama said: "Too bad she didn't knock your nose the other way to straighten it out." Followed by extreme laughter...Thanks Mom.
Anyway, I feel a little missing chunk of bone on one side of the bridge and the other side of the bridge still has a bump...should I go to the Doctor? Hmmm.. It only hurts once in awhile so I think I'll just let it go...and let my vanity go too. Who cares, a nose is a nose, right?

That's it on the updates. Except for the Polar Express Pictures....Hopefully I'll get to that later.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

I just laughed out loud at your mom's comment about your nose! To funny! I can't believe your daughter plays the violin! That's impressive! They both look adorable in the photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails