Thursday, November 19, 2009

Creepy Followers, Chinny & Poom the Empire and Tutus.

OK Ya'll have you ever had someone "Follow" your blog that you blocked? So I am fairly new to blogging. About a year into it. So my Followers tend to be mostly family and close friends and some of you who I follow.

Well, I just blocked someone because...A. No picture, B. Weird Handle Name that wasn't necessarily inappropriate but just creeped me out, C. He didn't have a Blog. It was a site for Trading?
Am I being too weird? My Mom is probably reading this and having a heart attack about now.

Anyway, I blocked because I wasn't sure. He could be a nice person who thinks I am witty and funny and enjoys reading my junk or he's a creepy psycho nut job who's "watching" me. Eek! (sorry Mr. creepy blocked guy.)

So this leads me to the possibility that I will be doing the whole "must have a password" type of blog soon...except...A. I'm too lazy to input every one's address, B. I'm too tired to Blog let alone figure out how to do this. C. Did I mention I'm feeling lazy and tired? D. I would miss all of my Bloggy Land Lady Friends.

That said...soon Chinny & Poom will be all about my beautiful creative endeavors. (Wow! Talk about being all over the map)
I am being pushed and motivated by my girlfriend Aubs who has started her own little Tutu Business. That's right, for all of you out there with little baby girls and daughters you can skip on over to Skip To My Lou Tutu
Is that not the cutest name.

Her nickname is Aubrey Lou, Hence the Lou. :) A handmade Tutu is such a perfect gift isn't it.
Anyway, enough about Aubs and her cute Tutu Empire...back to ME and my quest for an empire of my own...

The question is when and how do I find the time for all of my Blankies, Belts, Bags, Home Decor, Little Susie Homemaker Goodness? How am I going to fit this in to my already packed schedule of Domestic Goddess, SAHM paid only in cuddles and kisses, my actual job as a Program Coordinator, and of course attempt to still be a halfway decent Wife to the amazing Mr. Mom himself, the Big Guy?
How is this possible? The answer is....No Sleep Ever. If Martha can do it well, dang it so can I. Right? I don't sleep much anymore anyways. I used to LOVE sleep but now with kids, and life and all that goes with it I am a true insomniac.

So, keep your eyes peeled for www.chinnyandpoom.com and if you don't see it by years end....start pestering me. I need motivation.


Want a little random? Here it is...
I ADORE Gruyere Cheese. I mean addicted like its crack. Seriously. I eat it every single night as a little snack while I watch maybe Project Runway, DWTS, Ugly Betty, Grey's, You get my drift...I eat it with an odd pairing. Black corn chips. Weird I know but boy is it delish.
Like a true cheese snob I only get and eat a particular kind...Gruyere Reserve. Sadly though I went in to my Natural Food Market as they have been out for 2 weeks. They know me as the Gruyere girl. The last time I was in before I could utter my usual line..."Did you get the Gruyere Reserve in?" The gal said, "Nope, not yet. They were supposed to send us a wheel. We're still waiting." She was probably thinking in her head..."Now get the H -E- Double Chopsticks outa here and stop buggin me cheese stalker."
OK, maybe not...Anywhoo. I go in the other day and like a light shining from heaven into the cheese section there is my beautiful, pungent.....whooaaa wait a minute that's not my cheese. Impostor! That says Le Gruyere Classic. What the?!!!
Before I could reach over the cheese counter and strangle the closest cheese expert I could get my hands on...He said "We are no longer carrying the Reserve. We have switched to the classic" I then grilled him on who, what, why and how and give me the 411 on the cheese pal or you're in for it questioning.
Apparently the Reserve was a little drier and more pungent than the Classic which is creamier, and more mellow.
The Verdict....I Love it. It's better than the Reserve...And Thank Goodness too or someone at that store was going to get a stern phone call. Whew...And now that was my most random cheese story. I hope you enjoyed.

3 comments:

Angie said...

ewww creepy guy- Block away! I say "Go for it" on the business front. As for how your supposed to get it all done? I have NO idea ;) I can't even manage my time wisely enough to get the normal things done- cook, clean, kids you know. I've read a couple great books one of them called "The Momstown Guide to Getting it All- a life makeover for stay at home moms" by Mary Goulet and Heather Redier. It's a great book for getting yourself organized and Mompreneur's ;) Btw thanks for the tip with the camera-I've got a Nikon. I've changed the settings so the pictures are clearer but I still need to mess around with "to flash or not to flash" ;)

Aubrey said...

thank you for plugging my tutus!!! you are such a sweet friend. guess what? i am now awake and no one is home! such a strange feeling, but i'll take it! can't wait to see what you have been creating. LOVED your bracelet and magnets! I want a magnet... and a bracelet for that matter! still want to do our crafters wine tasting in the next few weeks. can we swing it?? oh, and definitely get rid of the creepy guy. that's scary ;( thank you for all of your love and support. i miss you like a moth misses light, like a fly misses poo, like hmmm... a child misses their blanket.... ignore this last sentence as i am still very obviously tired or needing a drink or something much stronger. we shall see each other soon!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Lin said...

Yes, please block creepy no pic guy. Seriously, I don't want to be reading about you on the 5 o'clock news.

I'm in touch with no sleep. And getting used to someone in my bed all of a sudden as Denali wakes up in the middle of the night needing to be in my bed. The girl uses me as a pillow as she drapes her little binky legs over my back and i'm hanging on to about 3 inches of bed while she takes up the rest! I have a queen bed! Her bed is a mere foot away from mine!

The cheese thing...sounds like a lesson in letting go and allowing the new in as you most likely will have a pleasant little surprise by trying new things! I'm going to now have to hit Raley's and buy some of this cheese to see how it tastes. My fav is Havarti!
Love you baby sister! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails