Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Sneaky Little Swine Flu Baby.

Is this the face of H1N1?...Unfortunately it is. My little baby is sick and of course she planned it for when Daddy was leaving on a trip so Mommy has been muscling through the last 4 days...at times almost ripping my hair out, and falling over with exhaustion every night, but she seems to be on the upswing and Dad's almost home..Thank God!


Now as I said in the Title of this post, a "Sneaky" one...
These pictures below were actually taken last week when she wasn't sick, Liv was at school and it was just the two of us.
I turned my back for all of 2 minutes and then the dreaded sound.....SILENCE...the sound Mother's everywhere know means your child is getting into mischief. I turn around and she has climbed on a little chair and had taken the lid off of the powdered sugar and was generously, and very stealthily might I add, taking dips out of the jar. When she noticed that I saw her she got the biggest smile on her face and started bouncing up and down and said with vigor, "MMMMMM Mommy..YUM YUM!" I couldn't agree more you little scrumptious one. :)



Two little side-notes about this little smart baby-
She has decided to call me "MOM" not Mommy, not Mama but "MOM". Now Olivia still calls me Mommy. I don't think the word Mom has ever passed her little lips. I prefer Mommy as they are little, it sounds sweet like a term of endearment and someday I'm sure they will call me "Mom" with venom backed behind the word so for now I do prefer Mommy.
She actually heard the term on "Olivia" the show about the family of pigs. I could see this light bulb go off in her head when she heard Olivia say " OK, Mom" and ever since that's all she says, "Otay, Mum". I explained to her little 20 month old self that she has to call me Mommy until she is 5. :)

Side note 2- When Abby can't get my attention she has opted to giving me a little shove or a little hit. Not in anger, just like a whack in the side of the head as to say, "Hey! I'm talking to you". Unfortunately this behavior reminds me of my dear, sweet Mama who, well loves to give little love shoves when your not paying attention. Drives me nuts but makes me laugh too. Good to have a little of Nana's spunk inside of her sweet soul. Somewhere inside this little blue eyed baby lies a little, pushy Korean Lady. :) Love you Mom!
And Love you Abbalicious.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Angie said...

Awww glad to hear she's getting better! Yes they can be sneaky and your right it's all to soon that they start calling you Mom with an attitude!! Gone are the days of the oh so cute "mommy" :(

A Learning Writer said...

What?! When did this happen? (Swine flu) I hope that she's doing ok, and that you're hanging in there. I know when little kids get sick, its just crazy. And that is pretty funny about her getting into the sugar.
And yeah, my Mom still sometimes wants me to call her Mommy, but I just can't help my just call her plain ol' Mom.

Aubrey said...

sneakiness must be a second child thing... but they are so cute! hope abba's better this morning. xoxo

Shannan Martin said...

Both of my kids went through an early "Mom" stage, then returned to "Mommy", with occasional relapses. It sort of broke my heart, too. :)

A Learning Writer said...

Ok, Emo Susie I don't know how I found this picture of you, but it is really nice and so I did some editing and came with this

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/kaylamonkey/EmoSusie.jpg

If it doesn't show up on here, then just send me ur email so that I can show you. It looks really cool I think you'll like it a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails