Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Anger Cleaning and My Mom's Super Randomness...


Question:

Why is it that when woman get really pissed at their husbands they start cleaning, angrily? What is this? So the hubs and I have a little tit for tat session today and I immediately start cleaning in anger...Oh that'll show him! Vacuuming in anger is odd isn't it? Why doesn't he clean when he gets angry? Hmmmm? Mars and Venus I guess. Do you vacuum angry?

Regarding the Blazing Saddles Post Thanks for the feedback Angie and Shannon. Looks like my goofball isn't alone... Talledega Nights is another fave quoter. :)
And now on to my little Mom.....(and no that isn't me...I wish...that's my youngest sister Chels.)


So the cute little Korean Mama gave me the green light to post her randomness.
Now let me say that my Mom has been in this Country for the majority of her life yet she does have a very slight accent still only noticeable to non-family. I say this because like most of us she types how she talks so when I read this it was so very HER but so very random. (I must say that I thought she was possibly having a reaction to her cholesterol meds.)

My only wish is that she had phoned me to tell me this and that I could have recorded it and posted the audio on here. That would have made it all the better, but her written word is pretty darn funny too.



A little info about my Mom: she is incredibly...let's see...what's the word....spirited, and she loves to laugh...and let me tell you when she laughs you can hear her across a loud and crowded room, no problemo. She is not the stereotypical submissive Asian Woman...Oh no not my Mom...she has a heck of a lot of spunk and shall we say chutzpah!

Here was her e-mail to me. She was writing to me about a blog post about Abby and then....

Dear Susan.
She looks so adorable, you can tell on the bottom corner picture she does look out of sort.
By the way I was looking at the videos of Today show country singer Keith Urban is playing He has pretty good voice, something just came to my mind, may be my next life I'll be back as the Oriental country singer with heavy twang and sing like Dolly Parton minus humungus Tits( that's got to be back breaking just carrying them) and taking over the Nashville and of course Good Ole' USA. Mom.

...and now you know where I get my randomness from.

"Goofy" really runs in my family. My Mom is the Leader and Matriarch of Loony Stuff. I Love You Mom. Thanks for the belly laugh and for letting me share this.

6 comments:

Angie said...

HA! Again you are not alone!! I am a VERY angry vacuuming, clothes folding, disher put awayer ha!! If only I could shrug things off like the hubby!! Maybe we need to start learning a couple movie quotes of our own? That'll show em right? As for your mom- that was hilarious!! Sadly I don't have a great relationship with mine- I can only hope that one day my daughter will have something great to post about me! ;)

Aubrey said...

Ha!! You just hit the nail on the head. I JUST finished anger sweeping and was thinking that exact thing... why do I anger clean??????? HELLO I'M TIRED OF CLEANING and here I go again! Glad I'm not alone. Your mom is hysterical... wow. Did she say oriental? maybe I'm in a fog right now. The one night I decide to live it up a little and Miss Avi tries to party like a rockstar ALL night. xo

beachy keen girl said...

I always do the dishes when I'm mad. LOL, I have no idea why I do this either. Maybe it's the pans that I can bang loudly if I like ;) Surely somebody has done research on this phenomenon.

Sarah said...

You can ABSOLUTELY copy my post to your blog...we are trying to get a word out.
PS. LOVE your header...the photos are beautiful.
Your mom is sweet!

Shannan Martin said...

1. My husband just glanced over here, saw the picture on the screen and said "Blazing Saddles???" I said "Have you seen it?" He said "Uh yeah, it's CLASSIC."

Ugh. Our husbands appear to be kindred man spirits.

2. Your mama rocks. I loved that note and I love that she allowed you to share. I hope I pass along to my kiddos the beauty of being able to laugh at oneself!

3. Thanks for all the Brady Bunch love. (When I was little, my imaginary friend was Bobby Brady, so...)

4. I am a huge proponent of angry cleaning. :)

MNS said...

Hahahaha that is the funniest thing ever!!! I adore your mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails