Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our new easy, peasy favorite dinner.

I rarely post recipes or pictures of what I make.

Two reasons:
One- No time. 
Two- Not the best food photo taker.It's so depressing when you take a picture of your phenomenal meal and it looks like doggie food.

That said, this recipe is worth posting for Three reasons:
One-It is a VERY healthful and yummy dinner that Aubs was sweet enough to make for me one day. I fell in love.
Two- My family loves it and I feel so happy when they eat healthy and whole foods.
Three- The pictures turned out decent and with a little Picasa help I'm not to embarrassed to post it.

I am not going to go on a rant about eating healthfully, eating organic when you can, eating whole foods, and not being afraid of good fats (your brain and body need it). If you want to have that conversation I'll send you over to Three Little Birds where Aubrey can enlighten you on healthful eating. (Ask her about the benefits of Raw Milk while you're at it, we are now converts. :) )


Here it is:

Kale dish - Saute chopped onion and a little garlic in Coconut Oil (The flavor is awesome if you get the right type of coconut oil. It's pricey but worth the cost to get the best, unrefined, virgin coconut oil you can find. Aubrey got this for me as a little gift. One of the best presents ever.)

When onions and garlic are soft throw in your chopped Kale and saute until slightly soft but not too much. Salt and Pepper to taste. If I chop this up in teeny tiny bits and mix it with the Rice dish my girls will eat it.

Rice dish - In your rice cooker or on your stove make the Brown Rice of your choice. Also yummy if you use a Brown Rice "blend". In a saute pan fry up your Sausage of your choice (I used natural breakfast sausage and Turkey sausage another time). Don't forget to take it out of the casing. Saute up your shrimp, and bell pepper. Mix into your Rice and Voila! Healthy, Whole Meal.

Thanks for this one Aubs. :)

6 comments:

Lin said...

Looks yummy sissy! I just last year started using Coconut oil for cooking and love it!!! I get it @ "Whole-paycheck" when I can get down there but the Raleys in Incline Village has a great whole foods dept and have great brands there too. I've never cooked kale so this will be a first for me. Can't wait to see if the girls will eat it!

Angie said...

I LOVE coconut oil!! Going to give it a try!

Kiera said...

yum i bet my hub would love this! we had risotto with arugula and poultry sausage today... i was tihknking about blogging about it too because it is so healthy and so easy!

Aubrey said...

yay! i feel like we started a trend :) i actually forgot about this one and i've got kale rotting in my fridge as i type. loved the spring break pics.! and yes, you will be there one day. you and me both doll!

Melissa said...

Yum! This looks delicious and different. I am going to have to try it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The hubs and I are equally addicted to the dummy box. It's sad. Ah ha ha. Happy weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails