Thursday, March 11, 2010

A pick me up....J Crew catalog.

Well I just went back to look at some of my blog posts since January and lo and behold I realized I have been a depressed little monkey.
Wanna know why?
This Winter has kicked my ass and it has my name alright.
Seriously this winter has been....the roughest one I think I have ever gone through (except that time when I was like 6 and my family was cross country skiing through a blizzard and we got lost...yeah that one sucked pretty bad too).

Well I'm going to try to perk up this blog and not be so dang Debbie Downer in every post.

One thing that cheers me up...
J CREW

I don't know about you but I just LOOOOVE J Crew swimsuits. And although my bod isn't in tip top shape...(OK that's an understatement. I've got a spare tire, muffin top, saddle bags and two fried eggs which were once my perky girlfriends. It's not looking so bueno after two kids...) but I'm determined that I'll get to where I need to be in the bathing suit body department before I know it.

So here is the question my friends...

Should I get the most adorable and cute bikini that I HEART even though I can't actually wear it quite yet? Sort of incentive to get into it? (And if you're my Husband...no need for your comment honey. I know you're answer.)

Or this one...


Or should I go for the "I'm a Mom now" suit that is also quite cute with a bit more coverage and just get over myself and the need to bikini it once more?


Like this one...

Or this one...



Which ones are your faves or do they all suck?

You would think this topic would also depress me but it doesn't.
Know why?
Because it means that Summer is closer than
I think or feel it is.
It means that a tan is in my near future.
It means that before I know it I will be able to be outside without 18 layers of clothes on me or my kids.
And of course a little retail therapy never hurts to
brighten the spirits.

I think Summer is my favorite season.
What's your favorite season and why?

Happy Thursday Everyone.

6 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I used to wear a bikini but not anymore - it's a tankini all the way. It's a bikini for mom's. Love 'em. Some of my favs are here- http://www.downeastbasics.com/swim.aspx or here-
http://www.shadeclothing.com/womens-clothing/modest-swimwear.html

let me know what you think! I love jcrew too♥

Angie said...

I probably shouldn't be sporting a 2 piece either but I just can't bring myself to buy a one piece!!! I think that would be admitting to myself that I'm not 22 anymore :( Anyhow I LOVE the first two. I wouldn't be able to sport #2 because my "fried eggs" are a natural 34DD soooooo who know where those ruffles would end up!?!? As for my fav season... I really love spring and early summer not 110 summer but more like 85 90 summer ;)

Lin said...

I like the very last one piece because not only do I have a muffin top from Kayla and her 9lbs 12 oz baby body but also due to the stretch marks from which she left me as a souvenier. I really want a bikini cuz I like having a tan tummy, but I think this year I may be going for the one piece. I mean lets face it, i'm turning 40 and I'm not sure I can rock that bikini any longer. So my pick is the last peach colored one piece. I really like that one, although grey is the new black for 2010. As for the bikini's, I really like them both. Super cute. The second one that is strapless I think might be my fav out of the two as I don't like tan lines on my shoulders and it really looks feminine. The striped one looks more playful.

Love You Sissy. Sorry you've been blue this winter. You are the master of your fate, you are the captain of your soul. I Love You & I'm here for you.

L

Tami N said...

Get one of each! Mothers Day is coming up and so is Easter!! So...

Go with the striped two piece...the second one will be pulled down by little Abby and I don't think your hubster would want everyone getting a free show!!

Between the two one pieces, I like them both but I think the first one will be more forgiving of imperfections while the second one is just a bit cuter!!

Just my two cents!! Have fun this weekend!

Aubrey said...

ohhhh loovvvvvveeee them. Shoot now I'm feeling my shopping itch coming on. I love the one pieces- both of them. And I love the bikinis, but I know I'm not bikini ready, so I can't even look right now. I really want the last one with the little ruffles.. so cute!

beachy keen girl said...

I adore the second two-piece...but I have the second one-piece you showed. I think if I could do it all over again I would have bought the two-piece ...does that help at all ;) hehe. Good luck my friend. And I always try to go with something that will motivate me to get my bootie moving before vacay (or summer). :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails