Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catch me if you can....

Hi all. I'm back. More tired than ever. I expended many a brain cell on this little biz trip.
Thanks for all the well wishes. The kids survived. Nary a boo-boo or a broken arm among them.

I do have a 2 year old who asks me everytime I take a shower, get dressed, go near a door, if "Mama go Bye-Bye on Airplane?" It's sad. She's may be just a hair traumatized but no worse for the wear.
Matt managed like an old pro. (And a little newfound respect for the ole' 24/7 round the clock Mommy job, not that he wasn't always respectful and grateful but he had a real glimpse. Nice)


So a little catch up on the trips, the pics, the this and the that of it.
Remember that trip to L.A. we went on which now feels like it was an eternity ago? Ya know the one where my Hubs had to take me for fear of me being commited? Yeah, that one. Anywhoo, I forgot to tell ya all that while on mini vacay I experienced a true California experience. An Earthquake! :)
On the quick....
I was lying in bed having TERRIBLE nightmares (I have always been prone to crazy dreams and bad nightmares) nightmares about ghosts. The paranormal is a biggie irrational fear of mine so I'm having this terribly scary, poltergiesty dream when I am shook awake. Headboard and bed shaking ala' Linda Blair in the Exorcist (ok, slight exaggeration) but it was pretty solid shakin' 5th floor and all. The lamp too. Scared the absolute breath right out of me. I dove over the baby and then it was done. 4:40 in the AM or so.

I woke up my snoring Husband.
Me: Honey, Honey, wake up.

Him: Snort, snort, Yeah, Huh, What's wrong?

Me: We just had an earthquake....

Him: Oh really, Wow, snort, snort full snoring insert here.

Just me, the neighbors and the car alarm downstairs were the only one's who seemed to have been jarred from sleep.

OK, and now on to some trip pictures. 

We hung out at the Ocean Institute in Dana Point for the day. The Hubs had a neat little gig on Baby Beach on a floating stage. It was pretty cool. It was a show for the Festival of Whales. Unfortunatly not a whale in sight but fun was had by all.

The always game Emo Buggy hung out with us and dragged her boat anchor of a broken foot cast thing-a-ma-jig all around the beach and on over to the Ocean Institute. Brave Olivia, Emo Bug, Abby and Daddy all touched real stingrays (notice anyone missing from that list? I was busy taking pictures OK. Geesh..)


After the day's business we ate at this lovely, little Mexican Restaurant in Laguna. I Heart Laguna! Would love to live there. Or at least be able to visit more. A beautiful sunset and we all got our ocean fix in that day.


 These little guppies can't ever get enough of the pool. Getting them out is like pulling teeth. We are so Land-logged here in Arizona that when they get near a beach or a pool they really take advantage.

Side note Rant here:
Just a little FYI on the swimsuit front. While at the pool I noticed a scary trend. I like to call it Girl Plumber Butt. It seems someone out there has created a swimsuit bottom that has very little.. well...bottom. Not the Tanga up the crack thong look but the reverse. Short and Squat where you show definite crack. It's perplexing to me. Who on earth wants to show their crack and who on earth thinks that somehow looks good. Not I. I asked my younger, much hipper sister about this trend, thinking that I was possibly being a little old fogey-ish about it. She agreed. Short, Squat Butt Crack Look is a definite Don't in our book. Scary.



A park date is always fun in Southern California. Endless sunshine. Virtually no wind. What more could they ask for? Like my surprised face? :)


And our farewell breakfast at our favorite Le Pain Quotedien. (sp?) We always end our trip with a nice breaky here. We always eat the same things. Oatmeal with Berries, A Ham and Gruyere Croissant with mixed green salad,  Latte's for the parents, Chocolate Croissants for the Littles and the Hubs and we dream about when we can move back to California and not be broke. Two dreamers. It WILL happen. Gotta believe.
We are already talking about our next trip and can't wait for the flowers, the sunshine, the ocean and the pool.
How was your Spring Break?

And why is their still no spell check on the new Editor?!!!! Driving me nuts. Sorry about the typos.

6 comments:

Lin said...

OK, I have not, fortunately, been subjected to the whole butt crack phenom with the swim suits. I don't get it just like I don't get boys who wear their jeans so low you can see their boom and their peeps hanging out the back! In a word, slackers!

The trip to SoCal looks like you had fun! I especially love the pics at the park and never get tired of seeing Denali's clothes on Abba! I just love that they are still in good enough condition for baby girl to wear! Next, Denali's ski suit which is now too small! An Obermeyer, yes, you heard me, i'm a lable you know what! You should get about 2 seasons out of it as I did, unless Abba grows taller and faster than Denali did. I have an entire stack of more clothes, gently used, (you can't even tell most of them were worn), for Abs and can't wait to get them to you.

XOXO
L

Angie said...

Oh my goodness- to funny! They don't have earthquakes where your at? Great photos!! Looks like everyone had a blast! ;) My kids aren't on spring break till next week so haven't done anything yet!!

Angie said...

Oh ya- almost forgot- I'm usually happy if all I'm subjected to is a lil but crack! HAAA!!!! ;)

Shannan Martin said...

What fun!!! Holy cow, I need some Cali. Hold the butt crack, please. ;)

Ashley said...

Love the photos. It looks like you all had a nice time. How long were you in Cali for your conference? I know your babes missed you!

Livsmom said...

Hey, I'm so jealous you were in DP!! You know I grew up there, right? I went to baby beach as a kid. Your hubby played IN the water?? How cool! Did you windsurf? Eat at Harbor House? In High School we used to ditch and hang out at the harbor or Dukey Beach (Doheney) Glad you're back, wish I could go!!! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails