Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ode' to my girlfriends..."True friends are always together in spirit" - Anne Shirley

Thank God for friends...near and far.

My life has been absolutely, 100%, blessed with good friends.
They are there for me through thick and thin...especially the thin.

To quote Dionne Warwick..."That's what friends are for."
That's right, I just quoted Dionne Warwick (snicker, snicker. )

I am not the girl who surrounds myself with dozens of girlfriends. Although I have many great friends who I treasure my main girls, and you know who you are, really are not only kindred spirits but my family. Truly.


Why this blithery, sappy post you ask?

Well let's just say that when I'm feeling gripy, whiny, complainy, blue, sorry for myself and the like, a girlfriend will stay on the phone with me and let me go off. Wah, Wah, Wah....

And she'll listen.
And she'll know the exact right things to say to make me feel better.
And she can RELATE to these days, which makes me feel better.
And she'll stay on the phone with me.
And she will text me after my little rant and tell me that Diablo Burger has a Kimchee Burger for two days only.
Nothing cheers a girl up more than Kimchee. Especially this girl. :)


Through the years I have had my Besties talk me through bad relationships, help me get new jobs, talk me down from a breakdown, throw me great parties and even talked her parents into taking in another teenager into there home...the ultimate! (I Love You Soul Sista Bread and Buttah! BTW, we need a current picture of us. Forehead wrinkles and all.)


So, I feel lucky and just want to say Thank You...which doesn't cover it, but nevertheless, Thank you girls for standing by me,

for coming to soccer games and watching the littles, and not making fun of me at said soccer games while I was screaming with excitement and coaching like a crazy person,
for all the wine and pizza,
for all the good meals (and bad),
for all the belly laughs and chattering teeth (yes, you Miss. K.),
for sharing that, you too are getting some forehead wrinkles that cause you distress and making me feel better for thinking about someday going to the spa to get them fixed,
for inspiring me to do better, be better and create what I love,
for making me feel better when I feel like a less than adequate Mama,
for unconditional, drama free, friendships...
I Love You Girls. Near and Far.
And as the Golden Girls opener says...THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

aw, love you girl!!! that was a very sweet tribute. i truly treasure you. i read somewhere that we have different kinds of friends. the ones who inspire us, the ones who go shopping with us, the ones with the same passions and then there is the twin friend, the one you can say anything to and you know she just gets you... that's my "shooshie" as avi says:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails