Those chunky sweaters, jeans and cords, endless shoe and boot possibilities. Rough I tell you.
Especially as the shoe world has given us a gift this year in re-introducing the Booty or is it the Bootie? Whatever. Ya know, short boots circa 80's style but more posh and less, well 80's.
Anyway, I saw these gems at Marsha's.
You guys know how it goes when I'm at Marsha's.
She seduces me with her 80's music.
As I perused the shoe aisle, which by the way was so dang full of heaven on earth boots and heels, I literally had to say this mantra "I will not buy anything, I will not buy anything" as I drooled past shoe after boot.
And then of course Phil Collins came on and he sang to me..."Give me one more night, just one more night, cause I can't wait forever...."
And for some reason that easy listening just woos me into a buying frenzy and I thought "You're right Phil, I CANT wait forever".
I could picture me in these boots with black tights and a hounds tooth grey and black mini skirt.
They would be bought for sure. I would be so out of luck. My chance of having these puppies would be gone...cuz I'm dramatic like that.
And so I bought them.
(I hope Matt reads this in like 2 years or I'm in deep trouble.)
They were a steal I tell you. A small splurge, I swear. What can I say. I will work a couple extra hours this week. These boots are worth it.
And did I say comfortable? So comfy that I ended up wearing them through the airport, which I am NOT one of those ladies that wears heels on planes. I'm truly not that chic but I was running late to catch a flight and then they took my bag... with my ballet flats in them. 7 hours later my tootsies were doing fine.
They are Enzo's and I LOOOVE them.
Look the deal is that I could have bought two purses, 3 shirts, a flowy, ruffly sweater, hundreds of beauty products and major home goods....but I didn't. Self Control...see, I have a little.
It's just these rad booties that I can wear with jeans, skinny or otherwise, cute leggings, skirts, dresses, you name it, well they called to me.
I have some guilt. Just a tad. But these will be well worn and hopefully last as long as my other suede boots, for years to come...
And really it wasn't me, Marsha and Phil Collin's made me do it.






1 comment:
I am SO with you and I'm totally on a shopping ban until next month. BRUTAL!
Post a Comment