Thursday, November 18, 2010

J. Family Photo Shoot - 2010

It's that time of year again for the J. Family Singers. 
The time when Susie gets completely wound up about the "right" clothes, the "right" location, the "right" time of day (meaning not during Abby's nap), and of course the "right" shots for Ye old Christmas Card. I'm Type A like that.

Now normally I don't post these pics until after all the cards have been sent out.
I love the element of surprise.
But this year I have three reasons to share early....

1. This may  BE your Christmas Card...so consider this your Season's Greeting's, Happy Holiday's and so on.... The jury is still out on whether or not I have the time, patience, money, energy to do cards this year.

2. These kids of ours are just too darn cute to not post these.

3. My new friend Katie Woodard was patient enough to deal with my craziness, a drive to a different town, and my kids usual photo shoot behavior in which  they act like I poured sugar down their little throats, going from crying, to hunger, to irritation, to not paying attention and wandering off. You know the typical 6 and 2 year old way of acting out at the moments that you don't want them to.

That said, boy, did she ever get some great shots.

Take a visit on over to her website at : 

Click on picture to enlarge/Photo courtesy of Katie Woodard Photography

Click on picture to enlarge/Photo courtesy of Katie Woodard Photography

Click on picture to enlarge/Photo courtesy of Katie Woodard Photography

Photos taken at the West Fork Trail, Sedona, Arizona

A big ole' Thanks to Katie for taking the time with our little brood.

I'll post more including the family shots as soon as I decide if Christmas cards are happening this year. What do you think? Save time, paper, postage and just send out an e-mail? It's 150 cards people! Just thinking about it makes me tired.
But, this would be the first time in more than 10 years that I haven't done
a Holiday Card. Breaking tradition? Hmmm.
More to come.
It's almost the weekend! Hollah!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

i can see your skills at work with abby's big blue eye pic. :) precious pics. you really got some beautiful shots. and yes, snail mail holiday greetings- a must! i love getting all those cute cards every year!!
now u have inspired me to post some of our pics too :)

Ashley said...

What great pictures. I love the family one and the one of you and Matt is great! Should probably get Katie's info, maybe she could get a good photo of me!:>

Chinny and Poom said...

Ash, Click on her name. It's a link. :) How are you guys? We miss you. We need to have a girls night. Love you girl.

Angie said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! These photos are AMAZING!!!! Love the new blog layout/photos too!!! I can't help you with the card situation- i've always been to lazy to send them out! ;)

Katie W. said...

Thanks for posting these and I LOVE a little Duran Duran!

Tami N said...

Love em Sooz...I keep meaning to set up a photo shoot for our family and just haven't gotten around to it. And I do agree that you should do cards...I have every intention to this year!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails