Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Welcome to the world of big kid underwear!

Mother's Day at Beaver Street Brewery.

The best Mother's Day gift I got this year....an easy potty trainer...again.
This little cutie pie is basically potty trained.

I don't mean to gloat but it took all of about 72 hours for her to get it.
We have gone through 1 sole diaper a day for the last 3 days. 1 per night.
She even woke me up  at 3:30 the other night to tell me she had to go.
Being bleary eyed and half asleep, I told her to go ahead and go in her diaper.
Uh....Can you say mixed messages?
When I saw the question mark on her little face I came to my senses and took her.

Olivia teaching Abby some deep breathing exercises to relax on the potty.

She is as easy as her sister was. Thank You Lord and God Bless them both.  :)
We did have one little incident as she was running for her potty. OK it was more like a Hershey Kiss accident that she unfortunately stepped in on the way to the loo.  She tried.

How amazing to almost be done with diapers. For safety we are using Pull-ups out in public but she hasn't peed in one for awhile now. 
I'm sure we will have the usual setbacks, the occasional leaks and accidents but we are happy she gets it.
Those dang diapers aren't cheap so this is a win, win for everyone. :)

My next task will be to teach her to use the grown up potty. I have never been a big fan of the little kid potty's. The number 2 cleanup makes me gag every time.

Alas, she is scared of the big potty. It's so set up too. It's got the built in kid size seat and an awesome new pink flower stool (sorry about the pun) Grammy got us from Marsha's. All she needs to do is stop being afraid of it.

Hooray for you Abba. We are proud of you. 2 years and 2 months and you are most of the way there. Welcome to the world of underwear kid. :) 

Wow, to poo posts in a week. I'm on a roll. :)



7 comments:

Angie said...

HA! To funny! Congrats! I remember how excited I was to be done with diapers both times!!

Ashley said...

Yeah! I felt the same when we Sarah was potty trained!

Shannan Martin said...

No way! Both of my kiddos were very nearly 3 by the time it stuck...and Ruby still soaks her Pull-Up every single night. Any advice, Potty Whisperer??

Tami N said...

Isn't it great!! I was so happy when Syd got potty trained. Life without diapers is good!!!

Laura said...

sweet pictures!

Aubrey said...

yay abba!!!!! i hope this doesn't sound like a pedophile, but i think little tiny undies are so cute!
btw, i'm still awaiting the call...

AiringMyLaundry said...

Okay, I'm jealous.

I didn't have easy potty trainers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails