Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Champagne Wishes and Salame Dreams...


 
OK that sounded a hint dirty. Wasn't meant too.
This is a random post about my love and loyalty to a certain Salami.
Oh, Gallo Salami how I dream about you. Although you are filled with nitrates and nitrites I still heart you.

This brand Salami has been around for 100 years plus. Based out of my beloved City by the Bay...SF. It really is delish.


My Mom used to buy the packs with the thin slices once in a while when I was a wee one. It was a treat. Usually when we were camping. She would hand out slices. She new it was my fave lunch meat. My kiddies get the same treat now and again. We just sat down and ate a little deli pack. Heaven.




Every now and again she would by the whole stick. She would always cut off the end for me. My favorite piece. I loved peeling that paper off of it and sucking and chewing on all that delicious nitrates salt.

It has been a love affair ever since. I love Salami like my sister Chels loves Bacon. (Also a deep love affair.)
Tip of the day....this salami is best eaten plain. Not on bread. Straight up outa the bag. Or antipasto style with some boccocino mozzarella (sp?), fresh basil, roasted red bell. YUM
And yes, in Italy it would be spelled Salame....but here in the US...Salami.

1 comment:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love it too! My mom used to make "Griner Specials" White bread with that very brand of Salami (we were from the bay area) medium cheddar cheese and Claussen dill pickles. YUM-O-LA!!!
BTW - love the new blog look (maybe it's old I haven't visited in a while but I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails