Friday, March 4, 2011

Eyelash News Flash

You all know my love of beauty products, right?
Well, I believe a girl should always, and I mean always have a good eyelash curler.
How awesome is that! Could I pull that off? I think I'll do the peacock beauties for the next PTO meeting. 

If you are an Asian girl (or a half Asian girl) such as myself you know that you MUST have an eyelash curler as our dark lashes have a tendency to stick straight out. No amount of piling mascara makes any difference for us girls if you haven't curled them first.

So I'm here to shout it from the Blog-tops.....
Shu Uemura
Straight out of Japan SU is really geared for our smaller eyes but let me tell you that my wide-eyed, white girl, girlfriends have used my curler and it's been magic for the ivory skinned lovelies too.


You can get the curler in gold or silver. It will run you about $28.00 bucks or so.
And on to their phenom mascara.

Here's the deal about there mascara. It's so light yet it really sweeps up those lashes sky high. The best part...it's water proof but comes off so easily and absolutely no smudging. I'm in love with the mascara. My MA-in-law picked me up a tube while she was in Japan and all I could say is I was giddy.

The mascara is a hefty $25.00...I know, I know...but let me tell you it's dreamy and I love it. Thanks to the MA-in-law who knows I can't actually afford it. :)
You can find Shu Uemura at fine department stores and Sephora.
Run out right now and get some.

Honorable mention is my ever cheap, always reliable, sometimes smudgy, even though it's supposed to be waterproof, real deal volume and lengthening love....
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. The orange tube...make sure the waterproof.

And my last beauty tip...always get black. Never,ever brown and god forbid electric blue (do they sell that anymore?)...no matter your complexion or color...Always black. :)

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

ok, why black?? i always get brownish black... is that bad? would i look too crazy with black since since i'm fair? i wore black in hs, but it looked pretty intense... of course i globbed it on along with lots of black eyeliner surrounding my entire eye :) help me!
btw, little livs violin recital was too cute. good for her for getting up there and bustin' it out!!

Chinny and Poom said...

Aubs, black really gives your eyelashes oomph. Did you see fair haired, fair skinned Christie Brinkley on Leno last night? Of course you didn't because you were probably asleep.:) Anyhow, she was wearing black liner and black mascara. Beautiful.

Aubrey said...

i get it... now i'm mad i just bought new brownish black.. i definitely need oomph!! my eyes are so crazy.. they need help!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails