Today is one of those days.
What feels somehow like the end of Summer.
A very grey and drizzly day where it feels like Fall is right around the corner.
Summer in our parts barely made an appearance and yet I am looking forward to seeing stores filled with chunky warm sweaters (my favorite fall/winter attire) and pulling my wide array of suede boots out of the closet while tucking my 100's of flip flops back in their plastic bins.
The consistent drizzle, drizzle, DOWNPOUR, DUMP, drizzle, lightning, crashing, drizzle, drizzle, has made me feel like I'm back in California. (But as Katie said, "Without the Ocean". Oh the little details.
In honor of feeling tucked in and cozy during a particularly grey, yet lovely day I threw some nice meaty short ribs in the crock pot with some hearty, chunky carrots. Korean style. OK, Korean-American-Susie style. In a perfect world they would be braised beef short ribs, in a busy Mom's world the crock pot is my best kitchen friend. Regardless they are YUM!
The smell of the garlic, sesame oil and the soy sauce always remind me of my Little Korean Mama. Putting on a pot of rice...real rice...white sticky medium grain rice (no brown rice here...) make me somehow feel connected to my family even though we are all scattered here and there.
The Soccer Game was cancelled, the Sitter off the hook, the Errands can wait. The girls and I are tucked in cozy, they playing a game of Kitty's use the potty :) Me mindlessly flipping through a Vogue.
And finishing off this day with a Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake...Bliss.
Today is one of those days...Happy.
"Most folks are about as Happy as they make up their minds to be". -Abe Lincoln.
2 comments:
That day was one of those days for me too. There is nothing I love more than awaking to a beautiful storm, canceling all plans and just cozying up at home... pure bliss! Hope you all had a lovely weekend :)
I hear you re: getting cozy. Upon our return from LA, (were there with entire family for over a month searching prob the same properties you were, in the same cities you mentioned), SIne our return I've been looking around this small town through different eyes. Cherishing all the littlest things. Please drop me your email so I can send you llinks to props we have been looking at back in LA. As some of the realotors still think we are in town and sending tons of leeds. So glad to have a friend who knows EXACTLY WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH. LA vs the GOOD LIFE! How can we choose?
Post a Comment