Monday, July 19, 2010

Telluride - Family Road Trip Part 2







OK, you are now going to be bombarded with loads of photos of Telluride, Colorado.
Telluride is really Heaven on Earth to the Hubs and I.
We have many memories wrapped up in that little Alpine Town.
It's tucked in an amazing box canyon. The San Miguel runs right through it.
This is our escape and not to mention Matt proposed to me there so for us this place is very special. We were absolutely overjoyed to bring our two babies to this magical mountain town.
I will try to keep the chit chat to a minimum..............
OK this is ME were talking about. Scratch that last line.

The San Miguel River runs right through town. Our dream is to live by a river.




See this little bridge below...
Matt proposed to me on this bridge. It was on a snowy and crispy moonlit night at midnight on New Year's Eve. So being the romantics that we are we asked Olivia if she would take a picture of us on the bridge.


This would be the picture she took.
When you are 3 and half feet tall peoples heads tend to get chopped off. :) We tried to get her to take another but she was over it.




Breakfast at Maggie's was lovely.

Road Trips mean getting to drink Chocolate Milk almost daily. :)

A cuddle after breakfast is always a good thing.








Matt and I had our engagement Dinner at that Restaurant/Hotel the New Sheridan. Every time I go in I get the creeps. I'm sure it's haunted. That said, they made a lovely crab cake and mixed green salad breakfast for me. Good coffee too.

Olivia was so happy to ride the gondola. She loved it.


Abs wasn't so sure. I held her tight all the way up. She kept saying that she wanted to go home. Poor baby, just like Mommy, afraid of heights.


The first Family shot of our road trip. We were at 11,000+ feet. A bit chilly but amazingly beautiful.








These firecrackers were part of the 4th of July festivities. Olivia loved their "outfits" and the old fire truck they were in front of. She wanted a picture with them and they were more than happy to oblige. Abby wasn't so sure but we passed her on over to the lady before she had a chance to say no.



Abby's favorite thing to do on the whole trip was to throw rocks in rivers. Not just rocks but sticks and especially leaves. She could have done it all day.



On the other side of Telluride, almost to Ouray.
I Love roadtripping with my family.
Part 3 coming soon....

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness!! This post made me cry!!! How romantic- on the bridge at midnight!!! LOVED every photo- even the chopped off head one! ;)

Chelsey said...

What a sweet family you have! I love the partial family photo lol...

I'm following you now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails