Me: That is a Phone Booth.
Abby: What it foe?
Me: Before cell phones we would go into those booths and put money in and make a call.
Abby: Oh dat funny Mommy.
Me: Is it?
Well, while were at it kid.....
This is a record player.
Before we had those little, tiny ipods we pulled out our LP's and put them on this round thing and strategically placed a needle on it and, like magic, music played.
It was very high tech.
And since we're on the subject....
This is a T.V. from when I was a kid. You generally had a Zenith or an RCA in the 70's. Our T.V. took up a HUGE space on our living room floor. It had a "beautiful" faux wood trim as to make it look like a piece of furniture.
And the remote....
Well, here she is...
She sat at her post flipping through 3 channels until everyone agreed on the show.
That's right, just 3 channels, not 982 with an option to "Tivo It".
Fun times, Fun times.
And just so you know, I had a limit with my video game time just like you have with your fancy little Nintendo DS...
It was called Atari and we thought it was SO HIGH TECH.
And don't even get me started on our rotary phone!









4 comments:
Where did she see a phone booth? On TV? You know, I don't really remember seeing actual phone booths, probably too hot for the booths in Phoenix. You'd cook in a big glass box.
I had a very similar phone booth conversation with Calvin recently. Cracked me UP!
I had a TV like that in my room.
And I remember the Atari! I don't know if we had one but I know for sure we got the first Nintendo.
just wanted to let you know i got your comment and i appreciated it so much. i'm glad i'm not the only one and i hope we can continue to let go of that fear that holds us back sometimes! get it girl :) thinking of you...and hope to see you back on here sometime soon too.
and this post cracked me up. so funny that our kids will never really know what a phone booth is.
Post a Comment